Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 30, 2013
10:46:22 AM
Difference between prepaid monthly plan and Go Phone?

I just signed up for a prepaid $40 plan with an unlocked iPhone 4 where I get 500 minutes of talk, unlimited texts, & 200 MB of data.  My goal is to set this up to renew automatically using my credit card every month.  But the site keeps referring to a dollar amount to refill, rather than a monthly fee which I pay to renew the existing plan each month.  Is there actually a difference between Go Phone and this monthly prepaid plan?

Thanks,

Dan

I just signed up for a prepaid $40 plan with an unlocked iPhone 4 where I get 500 minutes of talk, unlimited texts, & 200 MB of data.  My goal is to set this up to renew automatically using my credit card every month.  But the site keeps referring to a dollar amount to refill, rather than a monthly fee which I pay to renew the existing plan each month.  Is there actually a difference between Go Phone and this monthly prepaid plan?

Thanks,

Dan

Difference between prepaid monthly plan and Go Phone?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 7:24:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
In a way I guess that the plans are "different". Some plans operate on a 30 day monthly basis while others are completely pay per use. The plans both operate on the same service (prepaid GoPhone), so they really are not very different from each other at all.

As far as your auto renewal issue goes, are you able to enter $40 in the dollar amount the site is asking for?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

In a way I guess that the plans are "different". Some plans operate on a 30 day monthly basis while others are completely pay per use. The plans both operate on the same service (prepaid GoPhone), so they really are not very different from each other at all.

As far as your auto renewal issue goes, are you able to enter $40 in the dollar amount the site is asking for?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Difference between prepaid monthly plan and Go Phone?

2 of 3 (1,768 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 3:09:14 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for your reply.  As I read more, and noting that this is an iPhone plan, so it has both a data and a voice component, it seems like although the voice portion lasts for 30 days and can be renewed for subsequent 30 day periods, the data compoent is seperate and ony needs to be renewed when you use the data up.  I could be misunderstanding this, but even ATT's website says they don't recommend setting a iPhone Go Phone plan for autorenewal for this reason.  I wish it were just a plan with stated voice and data amounts that you can renew monthly automatically, but I guess it won't be that simple.

In the end, I think I'll just keep enough money in the account so the voice part of the plan can renew after 30 days.

The critical issue for me, since I'm going to porting a business number into this Go Phone, is that I don't lose this business number.  If you have any other suggestions to make sure the number stays safe, I'd appreciate it.

Regards,

Dan

Thanks for your reply.  As I read more, and noting that this is an iPhone plan, so it has both a data and a voice component, it seems like although the voice portion lasts for 30 days and can be renewed for subsequent 30 day periods, the data compoent is seperate and ony needs to be renewed when you use the data up.  I could be misunderstanding this, but even ATT's website says they don't recommend setting a iPhone Go Phone plan for autorenewal for this reason.  I wish it were just a plan with stated voice and data amounts that you can renew monthly automatically, but I guess it won't be that simple.

In the end, I think I'll just keep enough money in the account so the voice part of the plan can renew after 30 days.

The critical issue for me, since I'm going to porting a business number into this Go Phone, is that I don't lose this business number.  If you have any other suggestions to make sure the number stays safe, I'd appreciate it.

Regards,

Dan

Re: Difference between prepaid monthly plan and Go Phone?

3 of 3 (1,743 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments