Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 23, 2013
7:34:28 AM
View profile
Did they remove the 10 cent per min option?

I activated a phone yesterday and had to choose the $25/mo option - I no longer see the 10 cents per minute option which allowed me to have the phone active for 3 months for $25 if the call volume was low.  Did AT&T get rid of it?  When I do the "what rates are avail in my zip code" it comes up, but during the activation process it isn't an option.. and the phone number I found is for when it's already activated.. I guess I could call from an activated phone to activate the new one.. but that will undoubtably confuse the tech who answers my call Smiley Happy  It is not a smart phone.. it's a dumb phone.. lol.. If they no longer have it.. anyone know of a solution for prepaid that is under the $25/mo???  

I activated a phone yesterday and had to choose the $25/mo option - I no longer see the 10 cents per minute option which allowed me to have the phone active for 3 months for $25 if the call volume was low.  Did AT&T get rid of it?  When I do the "what rates are avail in my zip code" it comes up, but during the activation process it isn't an option.. and the phone number I found is for when it's already activated.. I guess I could call from an activated phone to activate the new one.. but that will undoubtably confuse the tech who answers my call Smiley Happy  It is not a smart phone.. it's a dumb phone.. lol.. If they no longer have it.. anyone know of a solution for prepaid that is under the $25/mo???  

Did they remove the 10 cent per min option?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2013 12:50:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I'm pretty sure that plan is still an option. The best way for you to get it would probably be to stop by an AT&T corporate store (not a third-party dealer) and have them take care of it.

I'm pretty sure that plan is still an option. The best way for you to get it would probably be to stop by an AT&T corporate store (not a third-party dealer) and have them take care of it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Did they remove the 10 cent per min option?

2 of 6 (941 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 24, 2013 3:24:43 AM
(0)
Scholar

Yes 10c plan is still an option for smartphone, but you need to call Customer Support to change the plan. 611 for mobile and 1-800-901-9878 for landline, keep repeating customer service on prompt. I'm currently on the 10c plan (Iphone user), i just told them i didn't need data. Can't use data on the phone, WI-FI is the only option.

Yes 10c plan is still an option for smartphone, but you need to call Customer Support to change the plan. 611 for mobile and 1-800-901-9878 for landline, keep repeating customer service on prompt. I'm currently on the 10c plan (Iphone user), i just told them i didn't need data. Can't use data on the phone, WI-FI is the only option.

3 of 6 (906 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 7:11:36 AM
(0)
Contributor

I was able to re-load a phone that had the 10cent plan but I am trying to activate a new phone and I don't see it anymore on the website as an option..

I was able to re-load a phone that had the 10cent plan but I am trying to activate a new phone and I don't see it anymore on the website as an option..

4 of 6 (866 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2013 4:47:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I activated a prepaid iPhone in August and was able to select the $0.10 per minute plan during the activation process. However, if I call 611 from my own iPhone on the $25/monthly plan to check out the plans just for the heck of it, the $0.10 per minute plan is no longer a choice. Hmmm...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I activated a prepaid iPhone in August and was able to select the $0.10 per minute plan during the activation process. However, if I call 611 from my own iPhone on the $25/monthly plan to check out the plans just for the heck of it, the $0.10 per minute plan is no longer a choice. Hmmm...

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (804 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2013 3:57:37 AM
(0)
Scholar

The reason why is that the 10c and $2 plan doesn't  include mobile internet/pay per use data for smartphone users. ATT thinks every  smartphone user uses data, but there are still others who likes the smartphone but uses it for other things and sticks to wi-fi. 

You'll just have to stick with the minimum $25 smartphone plan for at least a month, then call customer service to change it to the 10c plan after that.

The reason why is that the 10c and $2 plan doesn't  include mobile internet/pay per use data for smartphone users. ATT thinks every  smartphone user uses data, but there are still others who likes the smartphone but uses it for other things and sticks to wi-fi. 

You'll just have to stick with the minimum $25 smartphone plan for at least a month, then call customer service to change it to the 10c plan after that.

6 of 6 (774 Views)