Helpful Links

Desperately need out of T-Mobile contract to join at&t and get an iPhone

Contributor

Desperately need out of T-Mobile contract to join at&t and get an iPhone

Hi, my name is Doug and my question might appear simple, but I'm guessing it's a difficult one and perhaps one that doesn't have an answer I'm looking for.  However, I know when I'm talking to Apple clients and customers I'm talking to intelligent people.  I wasted 30+ years in the Windows environment until finally switching over to the right side…Apple.  My question is this; How can I get out of another carriers 2yr contract  WITHOUT paying a fee so that I can become a full member of the Apple world.  I made a terrible mistake recently, one I've never made before and went with a two year contract with T-Mobile.  Now, the mistake wasn't really the 2  year contract, although I prefer no contract, the mistake was getting into a contract with T-Mobile.  If anyone knows a way out of that contract, without paying their fee, so that I can finally get an iPhone, the information for me would be priceless.  Thanks for reading…I have high hopes, but am realistic as well.

 

Doug

3,634 Views
Message 1 of 13
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Desperately need out of T-Mobile contract to join at&t and get an iPhone

 

From reading the T-Mobile boards, it seems like death is the only way to avoid an ETF.  Military service transfer overseas may be an option, but that was not real clear.

 

Or you could wait for the at&t buyout...

Message 2 of 13
Contributor

Re: Desperately need out of T-Mobile contract to join at&t and get an iPhone

I promise you that doing anything to switch to At&t would be the worst mistake you could make. At&ts service is horrible and their customer support is a joke. Go anywhere else but with At&t
Message 3 of 13
Scholar

Re: Desperately need out of T-Mobile contract to join at&t and get an iPhone

I promise you that you will regret switching to AT&T.  They have the WORST service in every aspect.  If you want an iphone (and I agree they are awesome) go with Verizon.  It's funny, I just wanted to take a look at the Verizon forums because I wondered if there were the same type of posts on their forum...NOPE, I think the last service complaint I saw on there was from early 2010.  The choice is clear, and it's not AT&T. 

Message 4 of 13
Contributor

Re: Desperately need out of T-Mobile contract to join at&t and get an iPhone

Do not come to att, as others have posted their service is terrible ,  the worst in the industry by far .

Message 5 of 13
Visitor

Re: Desperately need out of T-Mobile contract to join at&t and get an iPhone

Doug, I have to agree.  If you enjoy being tortured by "customer support" then go ahead and join at&t.  They do have the worst service of any I've come in contact with.  Every time I have an issue with my service it takes about an hour and four call transfers, and most of the time my issue is not resolved.    They lost my land line to a voip, my internet is next.  I have to wait til next year to get out of my wireless contract, but a very hot place  will freeze over before I extend that contract again.

Message 6 of 13
Visitor

Re: Desperately need out of T-Mobile contract to join at&t and get an iPhone

Have you checked with Apple to see if they will buy out your contract? Some companies will.

Message 7 of 13
Expert

Re: Desperately need out of T-Mobile contract to join at&t and get an iPhone


Middy1012 wrote:

Have you checked with Apple to see if they will buy out your contract? Some companies will.


Apple is not one of them

Message 8 of 13
Guru

Re: Desperately need out of T-Mobile contract to join at&t and get an iPhone

Yeah apple def wont.

they are prob on a second contract by now.
Message 9 of 13
Expert

Re: Desperately need out of T-Mobile contract to join at&t and get an iPhone


Bwolffdrums wrote:

I promise you that you will regret switching to AT&T.  They have the WORST service in every aspect.  If you want an iphone (and I agree they are awesome) go with Verizon.  It's funny, I just wanted to take a look at the Verizon forums because I wondered if there were the same type of posts on their forum...NOPE, I think the last service complaint I saw on there was from early 2010.  The choice is clear, and it's not AT&T. 


Funny count 18 of them in the first 3 pages, as a business customer of verizon I can assure you they are a lot harder to deal with then att and definately a lot more inflexible.

Message 10 of 13
Guru

Re: Desperately need out of T-Mobile contract to join at&t and get an iPhone

Att is a lot easier to deal with. Att usually does everything they can to make the customer happy these days.
Message 11 of 13
ACE - Expert

Re: Desperately need out of T-Mobile contract to join at&t and get an iPhone


wingrider01 wrote:

Bwolffdrums wrote:

I promise you that you will regret switching to AT&T.  They have the WORST service in every aspect.  If you want an iphone (and I agree they are awesome) go with Verizon.  It's funny, I just wanted to take a look at the Verizon forums because I wondered if there were the same type of posts on their forum...NOPE, I think the last service complaint I saw on there was from early 2010.  The choice is clear, and it's not AT&T. 


Funny count 18 of them in the first 3 pages, as a business customer of verizon I can assure you they are a lot harder to deal with then att and definately a lot more inflexible.


Just want to point out the post you replied to is almost 3 years old. Much has changed since then. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 12 of 13
Expert

Re: Desperately need out of T-Mobile contract to join at&t and get an iPhone


sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Bwolffdrums wrote:

I promise you that you will regret switching to AT&T.  They have the WORST service in every aspect.  If you want an iphone (and I agree they are awesome) go with Verizon.  It's funny, I just wanted to take a look at the Verizon forums because I wondered if there were the same type of posts on their forum...NOPE, I think the last service complaint I saw on there was from early 2010.  The choice is clear, and it's not AT&T. 


Funny count 18 of them in the first 3 pages, as a business customer of verizon I can assure you they are a lot harder to deal with then att and definately a lot more inflexible.


Just want to point out the post you replied to is almost 3 years old. Much has changed since then. 


The post I original replied to is dated ‎03-29-2014, gotta love the outdated search and recommendations boolean logic of the forums, that is the date of the post that Middy1012 necro'ed

Message 13 of 13
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support