Deactivate a Used Microcell

Contributor

Deactivate a Used Microcell

I purchased a Microcell at a yard sale.  When I go to register the serial number, I get an error saying it is assigned to another account and I will need to contact that customer to get it un-assigned to them.  I do not know who the original owner is.  How can I get the device to be un-assigned, so that I can register it to my account?  Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 5 (7,196 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Deactivate a Used Microcell

Support can deactivate it but it can take time. The reason being is security. They have to make sure that the unit hasn't been stolen or something like that before they remove the previous owner and basically free-up the MicroCell's serial number so that it can be assined to a new user with a current post-paid AT&T account. Keep in mind that even if you are successful you don't know if the MicroCell was functional or not. Did it come with the ac adapter? Does it rattle at all if you shake it GENTLY?

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (7,182 Views)
Contributor

Thank you? Do you happen to know a direct line to call and what to actually say. I spent 2 hours on the phone this morning only to get routed to several different people, none of which seemed to understand Microcell and what I needed. That is why I started with the community post. The unit is functioning and I have all cords and adapters. I just get stuck at the registration process.
Message 3 of 5 (7,177 Views)
Contributor

Thank you?I just emailed them and will let you know.
Message 4 of 5 (7,169 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Thanks Avedis.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5 (7,166 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.