Data usage while connected to WiFi?

Contributor

Data usage while connected to WiFi?

I have ATT WiFi at home and connect to WiFi while at work. Combined, this counts for 95% of my day.. Why am I using so much data each month? Is it because our company WiFi isn't ATT?

Message 1 of 3 (1,597 Views)
Contributor

Re: Data usage while connected to WiFi?

I had the same issue. When I called to question why I had gone over when the phone is used 90 percent of the time in my ATT Wifi home, I was told the data is still being used even then you are on wifi. You have to manually turn it off to stop the data from being used. I am livid over this. It makes zero sense to have it set up this way!

Message 2 of 3 (430 Views)
Expert

Re: Data usage while connected to WiFi?

[ Edited ]

DMPL wrote:

I had the same issue. When I called to question why I had gone over when the phone is used 90 percent of the time in my ATT Wifi home, I was told the data is still being used even then you are on wifi. You have to manually turn it off to stop the data from being used. I am livid over this. It makes zero sense to have it set up this way!

If you are connected to wifi and the phone goes into hibernation the wifi radio is turned off and it switchs to cellular, if you are moving around and go into an area that has a limited connection, the phone switches to cellular

Message 3 of 3 (424 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.