Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 19, 2011
10:56:35 AM
View profile
Data usage while connected to WiFi?

I have ATT WiFi at home and connect to WiFi while at work. Combined, this counts for 95% of my day.. Why am I using so much data each month? Is it because our company WiFi isn't ATT?

I have ATT WiFi at home and connect to WiFi while at work. Combined, this counts for 95% of my day.. Why am I using so much data each month? Is it because our company WiFi isn't ATT?

Data usage while connected to WiFi?

2 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 7:53:00 AM
(0)
Contributor

I had the same issue. When I called to question why I had gone over when the phone is used 90 percent of the time in my ATT Wifi home, I was told the data is still being used even then you are on wifi. You have to manually turn it off to stop the data from being used. I am livid over this. It makes zero sense to have it set up this way!

I had the same issue. When I called to question why I had gone over when the phone is used 90 percent of the time in my ATT Wifi home, I was told the data is still being used even then you are on wifi. You have to manually turn it off to stop the data from being used. I am livid over this. It makes zero sense to have it set up this way!

Re: Data usage while connected to WiFi?

2 of 3 (422 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 8:52:18 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Sep 15, 2013 at 8:53:10 AM

DMPL wrote:

If you are connected to wifi and the phone goes into hibernation the wifi radio is turned off and it switchs to cellular, if you are moving around and go into an area that has a limited connection, the phone switches to cellular

DMPL wrote:

If you are connected to wifi and the phone goes into hibernation the wifi radio is turned off and it switchs to cellular, if you are moving around and go into an area that has a limited connection, the phone switches to cellular

Re: Data usage while connected to WiFi?

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (416 Views)