Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 25, 2013
10:38:53 AM
View profile
Data plan?

Okay, so I just ordered a Nokia Lumia 520 go phone.
Buy my question is, do I need a data plan for it?
I don't see why I would since its a gophone, but I want to be sure.

Okay, so I just ordered a Nokia Lumia 520 go phone.
Buy my question is, do I need a data plan for it?
I don't see why I would since its a gophone, but I want to be sure.

Data plan?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 1:33:10 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by cassie2003 on Dec 25, 2013 at 1:34:53 PM
nokia good phone nice camera, for the data plan it actually depends on your usage, because most of the monthly plan for att prepaid does have data plan included with the package: like 40$ plan has 200mb include, 60$ plan has 2 gig data included, but still if you dont want to use data you could still use other plans for your nokia like the 10 cents a min, 2$ daily plan and 25$ plan and 50$ which doesnt have data
nokia good phone nice camera, for the data plan it actually depends on your usage, because most of the monthly plan for att prepaid does have data plan included with the package: like 40$ plan has 200mb include, 60$ plan has 2 gig data included, but still if you dont want to use data you could still use other plans for your nokia like the 10 cents a min, 2$ daily plan and 25$ plan and 50$ which doesnt have data

Re: Data plan?

[ Edited ]
2 of 7 (660 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2013 5:12:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
No, you are not required to have a data plan with prepaid smartphones. They are optional, but they are not mandatory.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

No, you are not required to have a data plan with prepaid smartphones. They are optional, but they are not mandatory.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (638 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 12:45:17 AM
(0)
Mentor

l want to have a pay as you go card on my own phone but was told since it is a smartphone l am not allowed to do it without a data plan.  this seems so wrong to me l dont believe its true.  l want the pay per use talk and text plan since it will have minimal usage.  Can someone set me straight on this? is this the same for all carriers? l have few options where l live.

l want to have a pay as you go card on my own phone but was told since it is a smartphone l am not allowed to do it without a data plan.  this seems so wrong to me l dont believe its true.  l want the pay per use talk and text plan since it will have minimal usage.  Can someone set me straight on this? is this the same for all carriers? l have few options where l live.

listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul

4 of 7 (607 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 7:26:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Edited by adidaskid808 on Dec 26, 2013 at 9:00:04 AM

Wild Banchi are correct.......
 I am using a Smartphone without any data plan with AT&T!!
 With the other carriers in USA,they are using different 3G /4G /LTE band ,

Most  AT&T phones may not work with them.

Wild Banchi are correct.......
 I am using a Smartphone without any data plan with AT&T!!
 With the other carriers in USA,they are using different 3G /4G /LTE band ,

Most  AT&T phones may not work with them.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
5 of 7 (584 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 8:27:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

little birdy wrote:

That's "standard policy" on AT&T's part. They want prepaid smartphone users to upgrade to higher tier monthly plans such as the $25, $40, and $60 monthly plans. The truth is, you can still use a smartphone on the pay per use plan without a data package. This past July I went online and activated a prepaid iPhone for a family member on the $0.10 per minute plan with no data package. 

Have you obtained a prepaid SIM card yet? If so, is it activated? If you don't have one, I would strongly recommend purchasing one online (less than $5) and activating it yourself. That's what I did and have not had any problems. 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

little birdy wrote:

That's "standard policy" on AT&T's part. They want prepaid smartphone users to upgrade to higher tier monthly plans such as the $25, $40, and $60 monthly plans. The truth is, you can still use a smartphone on the pay per use plan without a data package. This past July I went online and activated a prepaid iPhone for a family member on the $0.10 per minute plan with no data package. 

Have you obtained a prepaid SIM card yet? If so, is it activated? If you don't have one, I would strongly recommend purchasing one online (less than $5) and activating it yourself. That's what I did and have not had any problems. 

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

6 of 7 (574 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 31, 2013 9:43:04 AM
(0)
Employee

You can also visit any Comapny Retail Store and get a AT&T SIM for no charge as well when you activate service.

You can also visit any Comapny Retail Store and get a AT&T SIM for no charge as well when you activate service.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 7 (435 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments