Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 8, 2013
1:26:34 AM
Data not working without Wi-Fi connection

I have an AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 prepaid GoPhone. Up until recently, I could get on the internet or download new apps wherever I was, but now when I leave my home Wi-Fi connection my phone acts like it cannot connect to the internet in any way. My plan comes with 2gb of data which I have used practically none of, and as I said, this used to not be a problem. I've checked all the settings; made sure data connection was on, tried it by turning Wi-Fi off, everything. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, if anyone knows of an app that has gotten around the 3rd party bullcrap, and it is actually able to record a phone call while it is going on, please give me the name of this app. Thank everyone for their patience.

I have an AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 prepaid GoPhone. Up until recently, I could get on the internet or download new apps wherever I was, but now when I leave my home Wi-Fi connection my phone acts like it cannot connect to the internet in any way. My plan comes with 2gb of data which I have used practically none of, and as I said, this used to not be a problem. I've checked all the settings; made sure data connection was on, tried it by turning Wi-Fi off, everything. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, if anyone knows of an app that has gotten around the 3rd party bullcrap, and it is actually able to record a phone call while it is going on, please give me the name of this app. Thank everyone for their patience.

AT&T GoPhone - Nokia Lumia 520

Data not working without Wi-Fi connection

4 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2013 5:51:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Call 611 - you're either having a provisioning issue or a hardware issue.

Recording calls - not possible. There is no support for it in the OS.

Call 611 - you're either having a provisioning issue or a hardware issue.

Recording calls - not possible. There is no support for it in the OS.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Data not working without Wi-Fi connection

2 of 5 (12,827 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2013 12:03:25 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thank you fellow phone user! I will most definitely try this to fix my problem!
Thank you fellow phone user! I will most definitely try this to fix my problem!

3 of 5 (12,811 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 12:34:20 PM
(0)
Community Support

@tmherndon did you get this all figured out? If not, let us know! 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

@tmherndon did you get this all figured out? If not, let us know! 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 5 (12,706 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2013 9:01:45 AM
(0)
Tutor
I had it set to roaming when it shouldn't have been. Simple mistake. Thanks for everyone's help!
I had it set to roaming when it shouldn't have been. Simple mistake. Thanks for everyone's help!

5 of 5 (12,611 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments