Ask a question

Posted Sep 11, 2013
7:30:49 AM
Data and Upgrading to Iphone 5s
Edited by missistar on Sep 11, 2013 at 7:38:33 AM

If I upgrade to iphone 5s, will I be able to keep my unlimited data plan?

Data and Upgrading to Iphone 5s

[ Edited ]
7 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 7:47:47 AM
(0)
Expert

missistar wrote:

If I upgrade to iphone 5s, will I be able to keep my unlimited data plan?

there has been no announcement to the contrary, just to be sure, verify that it is still on your plan after you do the upgrade, if not call support immediately

Re: Data and Upgrading to Iphone 5s

2 of 8 (1,096 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2013 5:36:47 AM
(0)
Employee
Yes. You will still be able to keep your Unlimited Data plan, as long as it's still active in your account now.
I'm here to tell you as a Customer first, and an Employee second. If anyone else says you have to change it, they're lying to you, straight up like that.

Thanks!
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 8 (981 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 6:39:58 AM
(0)
Tutor

Will the cost be increasing as it did when I went from original Iphone to 4S, even though I kept the "unlimited" plan?

4 of 8 (839 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 7:29:14 AM
(0)
Employee

Starmanrr wrote:

Will the cost be increasing as it did when I went from original Iphone to 4S, even though I kept the "unlimited" plan?

No.  The $30 unlimited plan has remained unchanged since the iPhone 3G days. The original iPhone unlimited plan was actually a totally different plan that included texting. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 8 (827 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 7:47:15 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks

6 of 8 (816 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 3:42:28 PM
(0)
Tutor

What about the AT&T Next plan? Will grandfathered unlimited data service be able to be used with that plan?

7 of 8 (717 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 17, 2013 5:50:49 AM
(0)
Employee

mistame wrote:

What about the AT&T Next plan? Will grandfathered unlimited data service be able to be used with that plan?

The Next plan is not a service plan, it is only a plan for purchase of a phone and is independant of whatever service plan you've got. Whether you upgrade via the normal 2 year contract or via Next, if you've got unlimited data, you will be able to keep it.

8 of 8 (661 Views)