Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 28, 2014
5:42:12 PM
View profile
Data Speed Slowed
I am grandfathered with ATT unlimited data . My internet speeds has been slowed to..35 download and .13 upload. I can no longer connect to my office PC to conduct business.
My work is dependent on communication between my phone and office PC.
Att customer service stated that my speeds have been slowed and there is nothing they can do.
I need an email for ATT customer service so i can get things in writing.
Anyone have an email for the proper department ?
I am grandfathered with ATT unlimited data . My internet speeds has been slowed to..35 download and .13 upload. I can no longer connect to my office PC to conduct business.
My work is dependent on communication between my phone and office PC.
Att customer service stated that my speeds have been slowed and there is nothing they can do.
I need an email for ATT customer service so i can get things in writing.
Anyone have an email for the proper department ?

Data Speed Slowed

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2014 8:18:55 AM
(0)
Employee

Hi Woody50,

If you are on an unlimited data plan, your speeds will be slowed down after you hit a certian point (3GB for a 3G/HSPA+ Device or 5GB for an LTE Device). You would have received warnings in the form of a text message 2 prior times before your device is slowed down.

If you are on a mobile share plan or a tiered data plan you don't get slowed down.

Hope this helps!

Hi Woody50,

If you are on an unlimited data plan, your speeds will be slowed down after you hit a certian point (3GB for a 3G/HSPA+ Device or 5GB for an LTE Device). You would have received warnings in the form of a text message 2 prior times before your device is slowed down.

If you are on a mobile share plan or a tiered data plan you don't get slowed down.

Hope this helps!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Data Speed Slowed

2 of 9 (889 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2014 10:14:53 AM
(0)
Former Employee

logo412 wrote:

Hi Woody50,

Hope this helps!

Additionally, if your slow down is due to reaching one of the above thresholds, the slowdown will only be in place until the end of your current bill cycle.

There is no email for customer service but you can reach them by sending a private message to ATTCustomerCare. However, if your slowdown is due to reaching the throttling limit, your only option is to switch to another data plan as the throttling policy has been in place for years and unlikely to change.

logo412 wrote:

Hi Woody50,

Hope this helps!

Additionally, if your slow down is due to reaching one of the above thresholds, the slowdown will only be in place until the end of your current bill cycle.

There is no email for customer service but you can reach them by sending a private message to ATTCustomerCare. However, if your slowdown is due to reaching the throttling limit, your only option is to switch to another data plan as the throttling policy has been in place for years and unlikely to change.

3 of 9 (879 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 2:33:42 PM
(0)
Tutor

4 of 9 (843 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 1:23:01 AM
(0)
Tutor
Was told i would be contacted by CSR agent . I was never contacted.
Also i was told on the phone that my speed was being throttled but i cannot get that in writing.
Have obtained a copy of my original contract. I have unlimited data and nothing is stated about slowing my data speed if i go over 5 gb. Contacted FCC and reported to BBB.
Had to get another phone thru another provider with unlimited plan.
Also i was told on the phone that my speed was being throttled but i cannot get that in writing.
Have obtained a copy of my original contract. I have unlimited data and nothing is stated about slowing my data speed if i go over 5 gb. Contacted FCC and reported to BBB.

5 of 9 (795 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 5:57:04 AM
(0)
Former Employee

Woody50 wrote:

You can read the wireless terms and conditions here: http://www.att.com/shop/en/legalterms.html?toskey=wirelessCustomerAgreement-list

You may want to pay particular attention to section 6.2.

Woody50 wrote:

You can read the wireless terms and conditions here: http://www.att.com/shop/en/legalterms.html?toskey=wirelessCustomerAgreement-list

You may want to pay particular attention to section 6.2.

6 of 9 (787 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 1:03:34 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thats not the unlimited plan i signed!
Tony

Sent from my iPhone
Tony

Sent from my iPhone

7 of 9 (780 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 2:17:02 PM
(0)
Former Employee

Woody50 wrote:
Tony

Sent from my iPhone

It does not matter. Those are the current wireless terms and conditions. I'm sure you'll find somewhere in the contract that you did sign that AT&T reserves the right to change the wireless terms and conditions at any time.

Additionallly, if the orginal contract you are referencing was from back when the unlimited data plan was still being offered, then that contract has long since expired.

Woody50 wrote:
Tony

Sent from my iPhone

It does not matter. Those are the current wireless terms and conditions. I'm sure you'll find somewhere in the contract that you did sign that AT&T reserves the right to change the wireless terms and conditions at any time.

Additionallly, if the orginal contract you are referencing was from back when the unlimited data plan was still being offered, then that contract has long since expired.

8 of 9 (773 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2014 3:58:13 PM
(0)
Expert

Woody50 wrote:
Tony

Sent from my iPhone

data is a feature, not a part of the contract you signed, you can add and remove data as long as you don't have a device that requires data through out the term of the contracct, if it was a requirement of the contract you could not do this

Woody50 wrote:
Tony

Sent from my iPhone

data is a feature, not a part of the contract you signed, you can add and remove data as long as you don't have a device that requires data through out the term of the contracct, if it was a requirement of the contract you could not do this

9 of 9 (766 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments