Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 29, 2013
11:25:23 AM
View profile
Customer Service/ Upgrades

AT&T is in the business of misleading their customers! I purchased 2 Iphones in July 2012 (new account but have been a customer for 10+ years) and after going back and forth between Apple and AT&T (them blaming each other for the malfunctions) AT&T finally "sold" me new phones.  I have been looking into new phones, just curiously, and noticed on my account that they changed my upgrade eligibility to 3/2015 without my knowledge.  After speaking to a customer service rep and them talking to me like I'm an fool, they would not do anything about it.  I was not asking for an upgrade today.  I simply wanted the eligibility date changed to 7/2014 (which was in the original contract) I never agreed to an upgrade, I agreed to pay for new phones because I was tired of these companies playing the blame game.  I will definetly be looking into cancelling my service with them all together.  I refuse to pay a company that misleads their customers.  I would not recommend them to anyone anymore. Their customer service is awful.

AT&T is in the business of misleading their customers! I purchased 2 Iphones in July 2012 (new account but have been a customer for 10+ years) and after going back and forth between Apple and AT&T (them blaming each other for the malfunctions) AT&T finally "sold" me new phones.  I have been looking into new phones, just curiously, and noticed on my account that they changed my upgrade eligibility to 3/2015 without my knowledge.  After speaking to a customer service rep and them talking to me like I'm an fool, they would not do anything about it.  I was not asking for an upgrade today.  I simply wanted the eligibility date changed to 7/2014 (which was in the original contract) I never agreed to an upgrade, I agreed to pay for new phones because I was tired of these companies playing the blame game.  I will definetly be looking into cancelling my service with them all together.  I refuse to pay a company that misleads their customers.  I would not recommend them to anyone anymore. Their customer service is awful.

Customer Service/ Upgrades

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 6:49:34 AM
(0)
Expert

zobertzilla0811 wrote:

the upgrade eligiblity rules recently changed, contrary to what you believe the carrier does not have to ask you nor is upgrade eligiblity part of the contract. The policy changed to a ful 24 months, the cut off is if you previous upgrade date was prior to March 1st 2014 it stayed at 20 months for this period, if it was on or after march 1st 2014 the upgrade period was extended to 24 month.

Been with att since before the court ordered breakup of mommy bell, over the years we have had our differences of opinion, but will always rate their customer service a lot higher then verizon or sprint  - and yes I do have phones from both of those carriers.

zobertzilla0811 wrote:

the upgrade eligiblity rules recently changed, contrary to what you believe the carrier does not have to ask you nor is upgrade eligiblity part of the contract. The policy changed to a ful 24 months, the cut off is if you previous upgrade date was prior to March 1st 2014 it stayed at 20 months for this period, if it was on or after march 1st 2014 the upgrade period was extended to 24 month.

Been with att since before the court ordered breakup of mommy bell, over the years we have had our differences of opinion, but will always rate their customer service a lot higher then verizon or sprint  - and yes I do have phones from both of those carriers.

Re: Customer Service/ Upgrades

2 of 3 (436 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 9:48:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

The new upgrade rule change isn't what happened with this customer.  It sounds like the OP upgraded to new phones in March of this year.  However, that was not the OP's intent.  The OP intended to get a replacement device under warranty, not upgrade and sign a new contract.

To the OP, it sounds like you accepted an upgrade and signed a contract for the new phones.  I doubt that there is anything that can be done at this point if you did not pay full price for the devices (at least $549 for an iPhone 4S at that time).  You can contact AT&T Customer Care so that they can review your account and give you a complete answer on this.  Send them a private message by using this link  Community SupportATTCustomerCare and selecting "Send user a private message".  You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.  Please give them at least two business days to respond.

The new upgrade rule change isn't what happened with this customer.  It sounds like the OP upgraded to new phones in March of this year.  However, that was not the OP's intent.  The OP intended to get a replacement device under warranty, not upgrade and sign a new contract.

To the OP, it sounds like you accepted an upgrade and signed a contract for the new phones.  I doubt that there is anything that can be done at this point if you did not pay full price for the devices (at least $549 for an iPhone 4S at that time).  You can contact AT&T Customer Care so that they can review your account and give you a complete answer on this.  Send them a private message by using this link  Community SupportATTCustomerCare and selecting "Send user a private message".  You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.  Please give them at least two business days to respond.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Customer Service/ Upgrades

3 of 3 (414 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments