Customer Service - Go Scratch!

Teacher

Customer Service - Go Scratch!

So I had a very disappointing experience with AT&T GoPhone customer service. I called in about a week ago to request a fax copy of my August charges. I asked for the payment supervisor who was happy to get the fax off to my fax number. He told me it would take 1-3 business days, which I waited, but no fax came. I called back in on Saturday and was told the fax had been sent. I asked if a fax confirmation could be supplied, bc if my fax service was not working properly I could check on my side. The person I spoke to said a new fax would be sent immediately.

After waiting the entire weekend, and again without a fax in my inbox, I decided to test my fax service. I sent a fax to it as a test, and yes my test showed up in my inbox. This confirmed my fax service was operating properly. I then called back into customer service again and asked for a payment supervisor. In speaking to the payment supervisor I explained that I still had not received the fax. The supervisor said that they only will send it out twice and I am stuck. I told the payment supervisor that I am requesting the fax confirmation, as it will show that the fax was received successfully or not. The supervisor again balked and I asked to speak to his manager, as the response I was getting was not satisfactory. 

I was escalated to the payment supervisor's manager, who told me again that they send the fax as a courtesy, and that since it was sent twice it would not be sent again. I then asked for either the fax confirmation or escalation to his manager. He then informed me I would be getting neither, thanked me for using AT&T, and hung up on me!

I am highly upset at this lack of customer service. If you really sent the fax then why not just share the confirmation sheet. This tells me that they are hiding something. I am soo upset with this that I have opened a complaint with the FCC, as this just goes to show you the difference in pre-paid vs post paid service.

Step up AT&T and fix this!

Steven Petrillo

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: Customer Service - Go Scratch!

Hello

When I was reading your statement I thought to myself att never sent you the  fax.  I can understand your frustration but making an FCC complaint is a little to much.  I think the best thing for you to do is vote with your wallet. If att doesn't live up to your standards then go to another carrier.  Good luck.

Message 2 of 3
Community Manager

Re: Customer Service - Go Scratch!

Hello, stevefxp! Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties receiving a faxed copy of your call records. For your convenience, you can also check your detailed GoPhone records online. Click on the link below for more details.

Access GoPhone Records

That said, we can get you in touch with our team of managers, and they will do everything they can to help you out and get this resolved. Just send a private message to ATTCustomerCare by clicking here. Be sure to provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. It might be a good idea to include an alternate phone number, just in case. Please keep in mind that it may take up to two business days to receive a reply, but this team is awesome and will work very hard to get your problem fixed.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support