Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 25, 2013
10:52:44 AM
Customer Care Malpractice "they Lied to us" for more monthly money from a Terminally disabled child
Edited by Phil-101 on Oct 25, 2013 at 11:41:51 AM

just Disgusting..

Every time we try to upgrade my sons phone, we go through many Full days of Agony..

in Fact, AT&T's new LineShare DSL uverse almost killed my son.. son's heart equipment hooked upto phone line to transmitt/program his ICD implant.. U of M almost shock pulsed David when AT&T decided to just Upgrade to uverse over here.. (15days of Agony)..  same attenuation frequency

our son is Deaf with a terminal heart disorder, and can see out of one eye upto 3feet away..
yes things are tough for us.. but we keep fighting for him.. and his right to be able to comunicate freely..

vision getting worse, it was finally time to upgrade his phone after 3 years of using a small Pantech phone..

I call customer service to Verify eligibility on 10-21-2013, to do an upgrade with Davids specialized OGOMessaging5000 account, they say "sure no problem at all, to avoid all the pro-rate confusion on your bill, have a location modify the plan to get David the new phone locally, call us to resort back to the original plan" I say to myself, great no problems this time..

WRONG

this account was created by the board of directors of Both AT&T and Cingular Wireless during the aquisition in
2004 for David.. 23.99 a month unlimited data and 5000 text messages voice restricted..

all we wanted was a swap to a phone David can see, to continue using AT&T service, and he was eligible for this..
the s3 mini fit the bill with an adjustable font for David..

we were actually considering turning off the account, but David needs to be able to comunicate..

After the swap.. well, we have been Fighting ever since-
"we can not bring back David's original plan, we have never seen this kind of plan before, and it's not showing up to re-instate this to his account, but we Do Have a 40 dollar plan we can put him on with unlimited massaging and voice restriction"

What The.. here we go with the same old Bullying AT&T
regardless of what your plan is that you are using with no problems, we are going to Hit you

with 'no longer available'  just to Get even More out of your back pocket..

David is terminal, and will Never work.. Extremely limited monthly funds..

Thank you AT&T.... there is Nothing new about you.. "Greeeeed"
...  monopoly do whatever we want AT&T

[Edited to comply with Guidelines] 

just Disgusting..

Every time we try to upgrade my sons phone, we go through many Full days of Agony..

in Fact, AT&T's new LineShare DSL uverse almost killed my son.. son's heart equipment hooked upto phone line to transmitt/program his ICD implant.. U of M almost shock pulsed David when AT&T decided to just Upgrade to uverse over here.. (15days of Agony)..  same attenuation frequency

our son is Deaf with a terminal heart disorder, and can see out of one eye upto 3feet away..
yes things are tough for us.. but we keep fighting for him.. and his right to be able to comunicate freely..

vision getting worse, it was finally time to upgrade his phone after 3 years of using a small Pantech phone..

I call customer service to Verify eligibility on 10-21-2013, to do an upgrade with Davids specialized OGOMessaging5000 account, they say "sure no problem at all, to avoid all the pro-rate confusion on your bill, have a location modify the plan to get David the new phone locally, call us to resort back to the original plan" I say to myself, great no problems this time..

WRONG

this account was created by the board of directors of Both AT&T and Cingular Wireless during the aquisition in
2004 for David.. 23.99 a month unlimited data and 5000 text messages voice restricted..

all we wanted was a swap to a phone David can see, to continue using AT&T service, and he was eligible for this..
the s3 mini fit the bill with an adjustable font for David..

we were actually considering turning off the account, but David needs to be able to comunicate..

After the swap.. well, we have been Fighting ever since-
"we can not bring back David's original plan, we have never seen this kind of plan before, and it's not showing up to re-instate this to his account, but we Do Have a 40 dollar plan we can put him on with unlimited massaging and voice restriction"

What The.. here we go with the same old Bullying AT&T
regardless of what your plan is that you are using with no problems, we are going to Hit you

with 'no longer available'  just to Get even More out of your back pocket..

David is terminal, and will Never work.. Extremely limited monthly funds..

Thank you AT&T.... there is Nothing new about you.. "Greeeeed"
...  monopoly do whatever we want AT&T

[Edited to comply with Guidelines] 

Customer Care Malpractice "they Lied to us" for more monthly money from a Terminally disabled child

[ Edited ]
17 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(17)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 11:21:57 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, MichaelGee65!

I'm so sorry to hear about all the confusion surrounding your recent upgrade. If you don't mind, go ahead and send us a private message by clicking here so we can get this sorted out for you.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, MichaelGee65!

I'm so sorry to hear about all the confusion surrounding your recent upgrade. If you don't mind, go ahead and send us a private message by clicking here so we can get this sorted out for you.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Customer Care Malpractice "they Lied to us" for more monthly money from a Terminally d

2 of 18 (1,171 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 11:25:20 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Phil-101 on Oct 25, 2013 at 11:42:29 AM

just disgusting..
and David has been with AT&T for 10years

[edited for privacy]

just disgusting..
and David has been with AT&T for 10years

[edited for privacy]

Re: Customer Care Malpractice "they Lied to us" for more monthly money from a Terminally d

[ Edited ]
3 of 18 (1,171 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 11:47:49 AM
(0)
Community Manager

MichaelGee65,

Have you had a chance to send us a private message yet? This is the quickest, most efficient way for us to look into your issue and find an acceptable solution.

This is not the same customer care department that you've dealt with over the phone. This team is dedicated to escalations here on the forums, and they will work very hard to make this right.

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

MichaelGee65,

Have you had a chance to send us a private message yet? This is the quickest, most efficient way for us to look into your issue and find an acceptable solution.

This is not the same customer care department that you've dealt with over the phone. This team is dedicated to escalations here on the forums, and they will work very hard to make this right.

Let me know if you have any questions!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 18 (1,158 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 6:04:16 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Phil-101 on Oct 26, 2013 at 6:35:38 AM

normally.. we use

AT&T Company Store  Rochester Rd Troy MI 48085 Mgr Lisa

Lisa knows how to do this.. she would override to new phone, as she did with the Pantech phone.. with no other editing on the OGO plan..

But she wasn't there (yoga class), so one of her employees Lau, along with other employees, it was confusing to them, and Multiple times it just would not go through the system, so they edited to a different plan to Get the phone into David's hands.. (as instructed by Charles on the 21st roughly 5-6pm, AT&T customer service) then resort to original plan to continue

just a big mess... and David is affraid to use his phone now...

It's been a Long hard road with AT&T.. and all my grey hair shows this..

[Edited to comply with Guidelines - removed phone number]]

normally.. we use

AT&T Company Store  Rochester Rd Troy MI 48085 Mgr Lisa

Lisa knows how to do this.. she would override to new phone, as she did with the Pantech phone.. with no other editing on the OGO plan..

But she wasn't there (yoga class), so one of her employees Lau, along with other employees, it was confusing to them, and Multiple times it just would not go through the system, so they edited to a different plan to Get the phone into David's hands.. (as instructed by Charles on the 21st roughly 5-6pm, AT&T customer service) then resort to original plan to continue

just a big mess... and David is affraid to use his phone now...

It's been a Long hard road with AT&T.. and all my grey hair shows this..

[Edited to comply with Guidelines - removed phone number]]

[ Edited ]
5 of 18 (1,097 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2013 6:11:49 AM
(0)
Teacher
PM sent, communication started with Mariana

guess i can go post on the UVerse side of this forum, show the people how David's heart equipment conflicted with Line share DSL

we almost lost our David on that one..
PM sent, communication started with Mariana

guess i can go post on the UVerse side of this forum, show the people how David's heart equipment conflicted with Line share DSL

we almost lost our David on that one..

6 of 18 (1,094 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2013 4:08:45 PM
(0)
Teacher
Here we go with even More fighting..

you People (at&t) think I dont have Enough to deal with.. keeping my son alive
just disgusting..

Now we have some CathyB pop on here (PM) and Assumed everything has been corrected..

so i have ro Repeat myself over and over, and over again..

It's like they are acting stupid, Hoping the majority of us customers, will just give up and go away

I can not and will not stop fighting for our son David..

Nothing has been corrected
Here we go with even More fighting..

you People (at&t) think I dont have Enough to deal with.. keeping my son alive
just disgusting..

Now we have some CathyB pop on here (PM) and Assumed everything has been corrected..

so i have ro Repeat myself over and over, and over again..

It's like they are acting stupid, Hoping the majority of us customers, will just give up and go away

I can not and will not stop fighting for our son David..

Nothing has been corrected

7 of 18 (995 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2013 4:13:53 PM
(0)
Teacher
Sorry
I'm excessively frustrated

The lady playn now by Private Message (pm) is CathyW

and we Still have not heard anything from Community Manager Mariana

Sorry AT&T, we are Not going anywhere..
iI will not stop fighting for my son..
Sorry
I'm excessively frustrated

The lady playn now by Private Message (pm) is CathyW

and we Still have not heard anything from Community Manager Mariana

Sorry AT&T, we are Not going anywhere..
iI will not stop fighting for my son..

8 of 18 (995 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2013 4:24:59 PM
(0)
Teacher
8 days fighting with this.. that's "eight" days..

Many hours on the phone, being transferred here there and massive wait times..
average call time Each.. 2 hrs

8 days fighting with this.. that's "eight" days..

Many hours on the phone, being transferred here there and massive wait times..
average call time Each.. 2 hrs

9 of 18 (992 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2013 6:49:11 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, again!

I have reviewed your case notes, and they do show that the issue has been corrected. Can you tell me why you think the problem persists? Is the plan displaying incorrectly when you log in to your account on myatt.com?

If it is showing correctly on our side, I need to know what you are seeing on yours that indicates the plan is not correct.

Feel free to message me with this information. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Hello, again!

I have reviewed your case notes, and they do show that the issue has been corrected. Can you tell me why you think the problem persists? Is the plan displaying incorrectly when you log in to your account on myatt.com?

If it is showing correctly on our side, I need to know what you are seeing on yours that indicates the plan is not correct.

Feel free to message me with this information. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

10 of 18 (965 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2013 9:41:55 AM
(0)
Teacher
Just got off the phone with manager Lisa from local store.. (listed above)

Manager Lisa confirmed at 12:31pm 10-30-2013 that David's account is still showing the new plan on her AT&T systems..

no corrections showing on her system
the account is Still showing the $40 plan and Not the original OGO $23.99 plan

Please Read 1st post CathyW to "understand" what happened
Just got off the phone with manager Lisa from local store.. (listed above)

Manager Lisa confirmed at 12:31pm 10-30-2013 that David's account is still showing the new plan on her AT&T systems..

no corrections showing on her system
the account is Still showing the $40 plan and Not the original OGO $23.99 plan

Please Read 1st post CathyW to "understand" what happened

11 of 18 (956 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2013 7:46:58 PM
(0)
Teacher
Well.. we're getting closer..

For all of you customers having difficulties with at&t, or understanding anything going on with your service, get a hold of BeccaG..
that's one tuff cookie that knows who to talk to, and will get a completed solution..
from either side..
Wonderful Lady..

Back to Davids account- well the folks over at at&t edited his account today..
everything is "Almost" as it was.. short 1500 text messages and...
they somehow shut the data off from the account..

so now, David has no data access.. hmmm.. at Least they are trying i guess..
Please turn Davids 4g back on..
Well.. we're getting closer..

For all of you customers having difficulties with at&t, or understanding anything going on with your service, get a hold of BeccaG..
that's one tuff cookie that knows who to talk to, and will get a completed solution..
from either side..
Wonderful Lady..

Back to Davids account- well the folks over at at&t edited his account today..
everything is "Almost" as it was.. short 1500 text messages and...
they somehow shut the data off from the account..

so now, David has no data access.. hmmm.. at Least they are trying i guess..
Please turn Davids 4g back on..

12 of 18 (809 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2013 6:02:30 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hey!

I'm glad to hear that we are making progress restoring your account. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Hey!

I'm glad to hear that we are making progress restoring your account. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

13 of 18 (789 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 6:51:52 PM
(0)
Teacher
Still no go on the data..

It's a simple on/off checkmark people..
what's the hold up...

you know what sucks, and all of us customers would agree, not hearing anything about any updates or what's going on.. it's that Shot in the Dark policy..

Big business is always tough on us customers, policy this, red tape that..
they forget that it's the customera that make the backbone of their company
Still no go on the data..

It's a simple on/off checkmark people..
what's the hold up...

you know what sucks, and all of us customers would agree, not hearing anything about any updates or what's going on.. it's that Shot in the Dark policy..

Big business is always tough on us customers, policy this, red tape that..
they forget that it's the customera that make the backbone of their company

14 of 18 (749 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 6:06:05 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, again.

I have reviewed your case notes, and it appears that you are still working with one of our specialists and communicating via email.

She should be able to give you an update, so please check for any replies from her.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Hello, again.

I have reviewed your case notes, and it appears that you are still working with one of our specialists and communicating via email.

She should be able to give you an update, so please check for any replies from her.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

15 of 18 (735 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2013 11:08:32 AM
(0)
Teacher
Still no data connection available

Pure hassle every single time calling AT&T
2hrs today, 3 transfers, can't help they say, but we can put him on a New plan..
just a disgusting sales ploy every time...

We Just want Davids phone to Work.. we don't need to buy AnyThing..

we No Longer care what the account name is called..
whatever it take to get back Davids unlimited data..

Just DISGUSTING
Still no data connection available

Pure hassle every single time calling AT&T
2hrs today, 3 transfers, can't help they say, but we can put him on a New plan..
just a disgusting sales ploy every time...

We Just want Davids phone to Work.. we don't need to buy AnyThing..

we No Longer care what the account name is called..
whatever it take to get back Davids unlimited data..

Just DISGUSTING

16 of 18 (703 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2013 11:58:00 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello.

As I mentioned before, you don't need to call in because you are currently working with one of our specialists. Calling in repeatedly will put you in contact with several different reps who aren't as familiar with your particular case as your assigned specialist, and we want to prevent any possible confusion. 

Your assigned specialist is still working very hard to get your data services restored, and she has reached out to the appropriate channels.

Keep an eye out for any emails or private messages from her to make sure you are getting updated information.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Hello.

As I mentioned before, you don't need to call in because you are currently working with one of our specialists. Calling in repeatedly will put you in contact with several different reps who aren't as familiar with your particular case as your assigned specialist, and we want to prevent any possible confusion. 

Your assigned specialist is still working very hard to get your data services restored, and she has reached out to the appropriate channels.

Keep an eye out for any emails or private messages from her to make sure you are getting updated information.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

17 of 18 (695 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2013 4:55:03 AM
(0)
Teacher
Mariana -
I am posting here for all AT&T customers to See what AT&T dis to my son

Update -
No one can do anything to restore Davids data, old OGO plan not compatible with new data network..

specialist BeccaG says, call the standard disabilities line, i did..
40.00 a month with data Limit..

Nothing comparable to Davids original plan..

all we heard from Multiple AT&T reps prior ro phone swap was "he's eligible no problem" and "everything will be fine"

3 weeks of pure stress ever since..

So now.. with David being an AT&T customer since 2004
and so many Reps Lieing to us repeatedly..
we are now Ready to Leave AT&T

Someone needs to contact Retention Dept as soon as possible..
Mariana -
I am posting here for all AT&T customers to See what AT&T dis to my son

Update -
No one can do anything to restore Davids data, old OGO plan not compatible with new data network..

specialist BeccaG says, call the standard disabilities line, i did..
40.00 a month with data Limit..

Nothing comparable to Davids original plan..

all we heard from Multiple AT&T reps prior ro phone swap was "he's eligible no problem" and "everything will be fine"

3 weeks of pure stress ever since..

So now.. with David being an AT&T customer since 2004
and so many Reps Lieing to us repeatedly..
we are now Ready to Leave AT&T

Someone needs to contact Retention Dept as soon as possible..

18 of 18 (671 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments