Posted Jul 27, 2013
7:10:15 PM
View profile
Cruise ship vs international data packages
Hello,

I am leaving on a Caribbean cruise next month (Bahamas, St. Maarten and St. Thomas). I want to know if I buy the cruise ship international data package, if that will work while I'm on land in the Caribbean or only on the ship. Also, vice versa, with getting the international data package and if it will also work on the ship.

Thanks!

Cruise ship vs international data packages

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2013 8:54:40 AM
(0)
Employee

Theycallmeaimee wrote:
Hello,

I am leaving on a Caribbean cruise next month (Bahamas, St. Maarten and St. Thomas). I want to know if I buy the cruise ship international data package, if that will work while I'm on land in the Caribbean or only on the ship. Also, vice versa, with getting the international data package and if it will also work on the ship.

Thanks!

The international data package will not work on the ship but it does appear the cruise ship package does work on land in the Caribbean. Unfortunately, AT&T does not sell a data only cruise ship plan. The only cruise ship package with data includes voice minutes and messaging. Here is an excerpt from the AT&T site on crise ship packages:

"Cellular at Sea" Display: On-ship networks operate only while in international waters. Therefore, your AT&T Cruise Ship package allowances and overage rates for usage on-ship only apply when "Cellular at Sea" displays on your device. Cruise Ship package allowances and overage rates also apply off-ship, but only to the extent you are attached to land-based cellular networks in Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Everywhere else, (including where "Cellular at Sea" is not displayed), pay-per-use rates apply, unless an additional current package offer applicable to country visited is active on the line of service.

More info on international and cruise packages is available at: http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international/roaming/affordable-world-packages.jsp#data

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Cruise ship vs international data packages

2 of 2 (408 Views)