Coverage for Palm Springs, CA

Contributor

Coverage for Palm Springs, CA

I have an LG440G phone from Tracfone.  I live very close to the intersection of  S. Palm Canyon Drive & LaVerne.  The most reception bars I have experienced, inside/outside, is two. This is the same reception level I get in the greater Palm Springs area. I am alwas able to make outgoing calls but very frequently, like 80% of the time, my phone does not ring when people are calling me.  Instead, I am told, the calls go directly to my voicemail.  Then, several minutes later, my phone notified me that I have voicemail.  Very frustrating.  I have visited a couple of cell phone forums and users with AT&T in the Palm Springs area have the same problem as I do.  Question: Does AT&T have plans to upgrade towers/coverage in the Palm Springs area? 

Message 1 of 4
Community Manager

Re: Coverage for Palm Springs, CA

Hello, @GeneL !

We don't have any information about Tracfone's coverage in the Palm Springs area, but you can check out AT&T's coverage viewer to see our network coverage. Otherwise, we recommend you reach out to Tracfone to find out the information you need.

AT&T Network Coverage

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Previous to my initial posting, I did check  the AT&T coverage map for my area in Palm Springs and what the map showed is less than optimal signal strength hence my open question as to if AT&T had any plans to upgrade the signal strength.  But I do appreciate you taking the time to respond.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
Teacher

I would recommend a microcell for you but they will not work with a Tracphone or prepaid phones. If you absolutly need your service, id say you should, upgrade to a normal plan with AT&T so you can get a microcell, or check and see if other carriers provide greater service near you for prepaid phones.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support