Could use the sim card from my new iPhone to finish unlocking my old iPhone?

Contributor

Could use the sim card from my new iPhone to finish unlocking my old iPhone?

Hi,

Anyone know if I could use the sim card from my new iPhone to finish unlocking my old phone? I already took my the sim card out of the old one because I thought I had it sold.

Thanks in advance!  

Message 1 of 6 (722 Views)
ACE - Guru

Re: Could use the sim card from my new iPhone to finish unlocking my old iPhone?

What model is your "new" iPhone? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's best to contact AT&T Customer Service, or go to AT&T Corperate Store to unlock your old phone.Smiley Wink

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (701 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Could use the sim card from my new iPhone to finish unlocking my old iPhone?

thehackney wrote:

Hi,

Anyone know if I could use the sim card from my new iPhone to finish unlocking my old phone? I already took my the sim card out of the old one because I thought I had it sold.

Thanks in advance!  

Yes, if it fits. Any valid sim will work, it does not have to be an active sim. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6 (671 Views)
Contributor

And it won't kill the sim from working in my new phone? 

Message 4 of 6 (627 Views)
ACE - Master

thehackney wrote:

And it won't kill the sim from working in my new phone? 

No, it won't. 

Message 5 of 6 (614 Views)
Tutor

But I think it's best to contact AT&T Customer Service

Message 6 of 6 (386 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.