Copy photos from iPhone 4 to computer

Contributor

Copy photos from iPhone 4 to computer

Hi there,I am trying to copy my photos taken with iPhone 4 to my computer.I tried to sync it many times no use. All I learnt is u can copy photos from computer to iPhone not vice versa. Is that right?If there is a way to copy photos from iPhone 4 to my computer pls lemme know.Thanks for ur help.Cheers

Message 1 of 11 (9,838 Views)
Professor

Re: Copy photos from iPhone 4 to computer

I use PC, so I can explain how to do it on a Windows machine. If you plug your iPhone up to the computer you'll see it show up as a camera or portable device (under the name of your iPhone) in My Computer (or just 'Computer' if your using Vista or Windows 7). Double clicking on the device should show up a folder called DCIM, and finally an internal folder that holds your iPhone pictures. HIghlighting and dragging to desktop or a folder on your computer transfers them.
Message 2 of 11 (9,821 Views)
ACE - Professor

Yes, you can easily copy photos and videos taken with the phone off:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4083

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 11 (9,808 Views)

Plug in your phone, and start Windows Photo Gallery. Go to the File menu and choose import. Choose your iPhone and it will do the rest. They come up in your Pictures directory by default. Just to be clear, iTunes does not do this on Windows.

Message 4 of 11 (9,775 Views)
Contributor

i8iphone8i wrote:

Plug in your phone, and start Windows Photo Gallery. Go to the File menu and choose import. Choose your iPhone and it will do the rest. They come up in your Pictures directory by default. Just to be clear, iTunes does not do this on Windows.

Hey thanks for the clue!

Message 5 of 11 (9,719 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

i8iphone8i wrote:

[3rd party link removed per Guidelines]

Well,thanks for sharing.

Message 6 of 11 (9,711 Views)
Tutor

hi friend When you plug the iphone into your computer, your computer should detect a new removable drive. Browse to that new drive in Windows explorer and you will see your photos in there. its also depend that what you are using PC aur MAC
Message 7 of 11 (9,485 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

Well I remember seeing a youtube video saying that it’s because itunes blocked some data when you sync your apple products, so you may try to change some settings to make them unhidden. Unfortunately I don’t have that video right now. but you can google your question “how to transfer photos from iphone to pc” to find that video. Oh and remember to choose "video" tab on the left side to screen the search results, it will help a lot to find the more exact answers.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 8 of 11 (9,165 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

lilywen wrote:

Well I remember seeing a youtube video saying that it’s because itunes blocked some data when you sync your apple products, so you may try to change some settings to make them unhidden. Unfortunately I don’t have that video right now. but you can google your question how-to-transfer-or-copy-photos-from-iphone-to-pc.html how to transfer photos from iphone to pc; to find that video. Oh and remember to choose "video" tab on the left side to screen the search results, it will help a lot to find the more exact answers.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Connect your iPhone to the computer. Click on my computer; "....'s iPhone" must be written below other devices click on it, and you have direct access to the photos..

Message 9 of 11 (9,125 Views)
Contributor

wonder if there is a better way.

Message 10 of 11 (4,282 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

lilywen wrote:

Well I remember seeing a youtube video saying that it’s because itunes blocked some data when you sync your apple products, so you may try to change some settings to make them unhidden. Unfortunately I don’t have that video right now. but you can google your question  to find that video. Oh and remember to choose "video" tab on the left side to screen the search results, it will help a lot to find the more exact answers.

You may use Photo Gallery from Windows Lives on PC which you can download at the Windows Start menu.
If you are using Mac, you can manually connect them via USB.
Or you can do it wirelessly on your iPhone by switch ON the Photo Stream under iCloud selection.

Message 11 of 11 (3,206 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.