Wireless Forums

Posted Oct 12, 2012
2:24:11 PM
View profile
Contract account SIM card in a go phone

I currently have a contract account without a data plan.  I would like to replace my existing phone with an AT&T Fusion 2 Go Phone (but using my contract SIM card).  Is the Fusion 2 considered to be a smartphone and would a data plan be charged to my account for using it?

Thanks

I currently have a contract account without a data plan.  I would like to replace my existing phone with an AT&T Fusion 2 Go Phone (but using my contract SIM card).  Is the Fusion 2 considered to be a smartphone and would a data plan be charged to my account for using it?

Thanks

Contract account SIM card in a go phone

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2012 2:58:15 PM
(0)
Expert
unfortunately yes it is listed as a smartphone.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.
unfortunately yes it is listed as a smartphone.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

Re: Contract account SIM card in a go phone

2 of 7 (2,648 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2012 3:31:45 PM
(0)
Contributor

That stinks.  Are there any touch screen android os go phones similar to the fusion that are not smartphones?

That stinks.  Are there any touch screen android os go phones similar to the fusion that are not smartphones?

3 of 7 (2,640 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2012 3:37:05 PM
(0)
Expert

allenmassey wrote:

no, basicly  android OS = smartphone no getting around it

allenmassey wrote:

no, basicly  android OS = smartphone no getting around it

4 of 7 (2,637 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 7:24:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

i ahd a go phone with a 771 # that was just turned of after i just put mins on it how do i unlock the sim and recover the airtime

i ahd a go phone with a 771 # that was just turned of after i just put mins on it how do i unlock the sim and recover the airtime

5 of 7 (1,136 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2013 7:26:11 PM
(0)
Contributor

no the sim card came from a friend and his old flip phone

no the sim card came from a friend and his old flip phone

6 of 7 (1,135 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 7:55:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
If the service was deactivated, unfortunately there is no way to recover the airtime or the phone number. The SIM is useless because it was also deactivated.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

If the service was deactivated, unfortunately there is no way to recover the airtime or the phone number. The SIM is useless because it was also deactivated.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 7 (964 Views)