Connecting the Lumia 2520 to a pc, anyone?

Tutor

Connecting the Lumia 2520 to a pc, anyone?

Just got a micro usb b cable for my 2520, however no pc connectivity with either Windows 7 or 8.1.  Anyone have luck doing this?

Message 1 of 5 (8,697 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Connecting the Lumia 2520 to a pc, anyone?

ericowens wrote:

Just got a micro usb b cable for my 2520, however no pc connectivity with either Windows 7 or 8.1.  Anyone have luck doing this?

What do you mean by "no pc connectivity"? Did you install the desktop or windows store Windows Phone app?

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/get-the-sync-apps

Without that, it won't do anything other than charge when plugged in - Windows Phone doesn't have a "USB disk" mode.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (8,635 Views)

I think they mean plug the tab  in to the computer to share files. If so check out the forums on wpcentral under L2520

Message 3 of 5 (8,611 Views)
ACE - Professor

Oh sheesh, yeah - that's the Nokia Windows 8.1 RT tablet. My bad.

No, that's a full computer, you don't "plug it in" to the USB on a desktop/pc like you would an iPad or Android tablet.

Use windows file sharing, Flash drives, or toss stuff up on skydrive.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5 (8,513 Views)
Tutor

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.
Message 5 of 5 (8,210 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.