Wireless Forums

Posted Dec 18, 2013
2:35:11 PM
Connecting the Lumia 2520 to a pc, anyone?

Just got a micro usb b cable for my 2520, however no pc connectivity with either Windows 7 or 8.1.  Anyone have luck doing this?

Just got a micro usb b cable for my 2520, however no pc connectivity with either Windows 7 or 8.1.  Anyone have luck doing this?

Connecting the Lumia 2520 to a pc, anyone?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 5:44:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

ericowens wrote:

What do you mean by "no pc connectivity"? Did you install the desktop or windows store Windows Phone app?

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/get-the-sync-apps

Without that, it won't do anything other than charge when plugged in - Windows Phone doesn't have a "USB disk" mode.

ericowens wrote:

What do you mean by "no pc connectivity"? Did you install the desktop or windows store Windows Phone app?

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/get-the-sync-apps

Without that, it won't do anything other than charge when plugged in - Windows Phone doesn't have a "USB disk" mode.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Connecting the Lumia 2520 to a pc, anyone?

2 of 5 (8,319 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 19, 2013 2:15:11 PM
(0)
Scholar

I think they mean plug the tab  in to the computer to share files. If so check out the forums on wpcentral under L2520

I think they mean plug the tab  in to the computer to share files. If so check out the forums on wpcentral under L2520

I love Chicago

3 of 5 (8,295 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 21, 2013 7:10:31 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Oh sheesh, yeah - that's the Nokia Windows 8.1 RT tablet. My bad.

No, that's a full computer, you don't "plug it in" to the USB on a desktop/pc like you would an iPad or Android tablet.

Use windows file sharing, Flash drives, or toss stuff up on skydrive.

Oh sheesh, yeah - that's the Nokia Windows 8.1 RT tablet. My bad.

No, that's a full computer, you don't "plug it in" to the USB on a desktop/pc like you would an iPad or Android tablet.

Use windows file sharing, Flash drives, or toss stuff up on skydrive.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (8,197 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2013 3:19:29 PM
(0)
Tutor
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

5 of 5 (7,894 Views)