Helpful Links

Connecting the Lumia 2520 to a pc, anyone?

Tutor

Connecting the Lumia 2520 to a pc, anyone?

Just got a micro usb b cable for my 2520, however no pc connectivity with either Windows 7 or 8.1.  Anyone have luck doing this?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Professor

Re: Connecting the Lumia 2520 to a pc, anyone?

ericowens wrote:

Just got a micro usb b cable for my 2520, however no pc connectivity with either Windows 7 or 8.1.  Anyone have luck doing this?

What do you mean by "no pc connectivity"? Did you install the desktop or windows store Windows Phone app?

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/get-the-sync-apps

Without that, it won't do anything other than charge when plugged in - Windows Phone doesn't have a "USB disk" mode.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5

I think they mean plug the tab  in to the computer to share files. If so check out the forums on wpcentral under L2520

Message 3 of 5
ACE - Professor

Oh sheesh, yeah - that's the Nokia Windows 8.1 RT tablet. My bad.

No, that's a full computer, you don't "plug it in" to the USB on a desktop/pc like you would an iPad or Android tablet.

Use windows file sharing, Flash drives, or toss stuff up on skydrive.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Tutor

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support