Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 2, 2014
6:48:43 PM
View profile
Confused and new to this prepaid plan/iPhone

I'm thinking about getting either an unlocked iphone 4s or an iphone 4s with an AT&T Carrier. I'm very new to this prepaid plan and I did some research. I've also looked at YouTube videos on how to use this but most of the videos are old. 

I have a few questions to ask: 

For the plan - Do I pay monthly or do I pay with a card? I want voice, text and data. 

What card should I get? Or are they all the same? I've seen some cards that says ''3g'' on them and these were from looking at images or videos, I did not go to stores to check them out yet. (sorry if that confuses you or doesn't make sense, like I said, I'm new to this whole prepaid plan thing lol)  

Should I buy the microsim card from ebay/amazon? 

I just want to make sure that I got everything correct and understood how to use it. I don't want to have any problems or bills to show up. I just want to buy a card and refill everything just that simple and easy. 

I'm thinking about getting either an unlocked iphone 4s or an iphone 4s with an AT&T Carrier. I'm very new to this prepaid plan and I did some research. I've also looked at YouTube videos on how to use this but most of the videos are old. 

I have a few questions to ask: 

For the plan - Do I pay monthly or do I pay with a card? I want voice, text and data. 

What card should I get? Or are they all the same? I've seen some cards that says ''3g'' on them and these were from looking at images or videos, I did not go to stores to check them out yet. (sorry if that confuses you or doesn't make sense, like I said, I'm new to this whole prepaid plan thing lol)  

Should I buy the microsim card from ebay/amazon? 

I just want to make sure that I got everything correct and understood how to use it. I don't want to have any problems or bills to show up. I just want to buy a card and refill everything just that simple and easy. 

Confused and new to this prepaid plan/iPhone

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2014 8:31:40 PM
(0)
Employee

Hi There!

Let me start off by warning you on buying a non AT&T iPhone online. AT&T doesn't guarantee service on any non AT&T phone.  So even if the device is unlocked, it may not work.

We use a service called GSM, where Verizon & Sprint use CDMA. So if you buy a Unlocked iPhone from them, your service would not work either.

Now, if you buy an AT&T iPhone, and want to use it on prepaid, it's very simple.

Bring the phone into any AT&T store, and we will set up new service for you. The sim card is free in any Company Owned Retail location. There is two different smartphone plans.

$40 Month - 200MB Data, 500 Talk Mins, Unlim Text.

$60 Month - 2GB Data , Unlim TALK & TEXT.

You can refill your account in any AT&T store, or purchase the prepaid refillable cards at most store locations like Walmart, KMart, and certain retailers.

Hope this answers some of your questions!

Hi There!

Let me start off by warning you on buying a non AT&T iPhone online. AT&T doesn't guarantee service on any non AT&T phone.  So even if the device is unlocked, it may not work.

We use a service called GSM, where Verizon & Sprint use CDMA. So if you buy a Unlocked iPhone from them, your service would not work either.

Now, if you buy an AT&T iPhone, and want to use it on prepaid, it's very simple.

Bring the phone into any AT&T store, and we will set up new service for you. The sim card is free in any Company Owned Retail location. There is two different smartphone plans.

$40 Month - 200MB Data, 500 Talk Mins, Unlim Text.

$60 Month - 2GB Data , Unlim TALK & TEXT.

You can refill your account in any AT&T store, or purchase the prepaid refillable cards at most store locations like Walmart, KMart, and certain retailers.

Hope this answers some of your questions!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Confused and new to this prepaid plan/iPhone

2 of 3 (509 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2014 6:39:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by Wild Banchi on Mar 3, 2014 at 6:40:26 PM

If you're interested (in my opinion) in a no-nonsense activation process by activating the SIM and phone yourself, I would highly recommend purchasing a microSIM from eBay. The activation process is very simple. I've done it several different times.

As for the plan, it will be billed on a monthly (30 day) basis. You have the option to sign up for auto renewal if you provide a valid credit card.

Good luck and enjoy!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

If you're interested (in my opinion) in a no-nonsense activation process by activating the SIM and phone yourself, I would highly recommend purchasing a microSIM from eBay. The activation process is very simple. I've done it several different times.

As for the plan, it will be billed on a monthly (30 day) basis. You have the option to sign up for auto renewal if you provide a valid credit card.

Good luck and enjoy!

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Confused and new to this prepaid plan/iPhone

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (449 Views)