Configuring problems with iPhone personal hotspot and Ubuntu 12 Linux

Contributor

Configuring problems with iPhone personal hotspot and Ubuntu 12 Linux

Since the last upgrade to iPhone, I can no longer transmit or receive using the personal hotspot wireless feature on my iphone using Ubuntu 12. The connection shows that iphone and Ubuntu that is connects sucessfully, but I cannot transmit or receive through the connection.

If I reset the Network settings on the iPhone, it will transmit and receive for a day, but next day if fails again, and I can only get it to work by resetting the iPhone network settings once again.

The computer is setup for dual booting, and in Windows, the connection works fine.

I have been working on this for months.

I would appreciate any help anyone can give.

Message 1 of 4
Former Moderator

Re: Configuring problems with iPhone personal hotspot and Ubuntu 12 Linux

Hi rodney22601,

I see you are have some issues with your IPhone.  I have included a link below that should be helpful to you.

IPhone Support

Message 2 of 4
Master

Message 3 of 4
Contributor

Thanks everyone. That got me going again with the iphone 5s. I didn't realize that

To get iPhone Personal Hotspot wireless working again, I had to install the following packages:

1. ipheth-utils.

2. libimobiledevice-dev

3. libimobiledevice-utils

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support