Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 19, 2013
12:46:31 PM
View profile
Comments/Suggestions on MicroCell Technial Guide Requested

If anyone has any constructive criticism, comments and/or suggestions to the MicroCell Technical Guide please post here. It will be a good way to keep the Guide current and as accurate as possible. This is a community effort afterall.

Thanks.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

If anyone has any constructive criticism, comments and/or suggestions to the MicroCell Technical Guide please post here. It will be a good way to keep the Guide current and as accurate as possible. This is a community effort afterall.

Thanks.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Comments/Suggestions on MicroCell Technial Guide Requested

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 5:47:43 PM
(0)
Mentor

HI,, nice work and you sure put a lot into it... thank you

Been reading the forums for 2 days now concerning the MicroCell I received. Phone connected after activation, then lost and has not regained connection. All green solid lights always. Talked to support in Uverse for router support, no help. Wireless support for Phone both in chat. Then called the 8003310500 support number...
After all that, the call was the best, and since all lights are solid green, there should be nothing worng and calling the 800 number will help much quicker since they can see and have better options than a customer.

There solution is, simply wait til tomorrow, as there is an issue within the system that is not allowing my phone to connect with MicroCell. I will post in the forums the outcome and issue resulting the need for support if it could help others...

After reading both yours and the MicroCell Trouble shoot guides, I found maybe letting most know to call if all their lights are solid green. Or as the best option if other troubleshooting suggestions fail. I didn't see it anywhere...
I have a new name for the MicroCELL,( created a personal nickname for that device, since I failed to get it to work, lol... it ryhmes, lol )

Great work on the Guide, and even though it wasn't my fix, I learned much more than I knew...
Cheers !!!

HI,, nice work and you sure put a lot into it... thank you

Been reading the forums for 2 days now concerning the MicroCell I received. Phone connected after activation, then lost and has not regained connection. All green solid lights always. Talked to support in Uverse for router support, no help. Wireless support for Phone both in chat. Then called the 8003310500 support number...
After all that, the call was the best, and since all lights are solid green, there should be nothing worng and calling the 800 number will help much quicker since they can see and have better options than a customer.

There solution is, simply wait til tomorrow, as there is an issue within the system that is not allowing my phone to connect with MicroCell. I will post in the forums the outcome and issue resulting the need for support if it could help others...

After reading both yours and the MicroCell Trouble shoot guides, I found maybe letting most know to call if all their lights are solid green. Or as the best option if other troubleshooting suggestions fail. I didn't see it anywhere...
I have a new name for the MicroCELL,( created a personal nickname for that device, since I failed to get it to work, lol... it ryhmes, lol )

Great work on the Guide, and even though it wasn't my fix, I learned much more than I knew...
Cheers !!!

Re: Comments/Suggestions on MicroCell Technial Guide Requested

2 of 11 (1,527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 6:25:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Thank you. I'm not sure what you mean about calling support if all your lights (Power, ethernet, GPS, and 3G) are solid green. It sounds like an issue with your phone if you activated successfully but your phone didn't connect. Phone support can be very helpful but your best bet is to come here first because it may be a simple solution that we can help you with. The other option is to PM CustomerCare detailing your problem, what you have done (or were told to do) to correct the problem, your account information, and location. The link is in my sig.

If you do post here, it's very helpful if you tell us how you have the MicroCell setup, your internet connection (DSL, cable, etc) and your phone type.

Thank you. I'm not sure what you mean about calling support if all your lights (Power, ethernet, GPS, and 3G) are solid green. It sounds like an issue with your phone if you activated successfully but your phone didn't connect. Phone support can be very helpful but your best bet is to come here first because it may be a simple solution that we can help you with. The other option is to PM CustomerCare detailing your problem, what you have done (or were told to do) to correct the problem, your account information, and location. The link is in my sig.

If you do post here, it's very helpful if you tell us how you have the MicroCell setup, your internet connection (DSL, cable, etc) and your phone type.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 11 (1,519 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2014 1:56:18 AM
(0)
Mentor

My thought for the guide was, noting Phone support would be best option, if all lights are solid green. If this doesn't make sense I appoligize, and will remove posts, LOL. Just trying to help with my limited knowledge. Smiley Embarassed  Do not want to post something that does not apply. This thread should stay true to it's form, for your intent.

something like:

Note: Are all MircoCell lights solid green ? 

Best option would be to call xxx-xxx-xxxx, or post in this "Link" forum.

My thought for the guide was, noting Phone support would be best option, if all lights are solid green. If this doesn't make sense I appoligize, and will remove posts, LOL. Just trying to help with my limited knowledge. Smiley Embarassed  Do not want to post something that does not apply. This thread should stay true to it's form, for your intent.

something like:

Note: Are all MircoCell lights solid green ? 

Best option would be to call xxx-xxx-xxxx, or post in this "Link" forum.

4 of 11 (1,505 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2014 8:09:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I appreciate the thoughts. Quite often though, once folks find this forum they've already called support and still  haven't gotten a resolution to their problem. Contacting CustomerCare and/or phone support is mentioned in the Guide.

I appreciate the thoughts. Quite often though, once folks find this forum they've already called support and still  haven't gotten a resolution to their problem. Contacting CustomerCare and/or phone support is mentioned in the Guide.

5 of 11 (1,493 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2014 9:07:41 PM
(0)
Mentor

Well, I did think of one... There isn't a nice:

"How To set Router Changes for AT&T 2wire Gateway 3800" (or any other AT&T Router) in the 3G MicroCell TroubleShoot Guide...
Maybe there's a reason ?
But I would be happy to help with some pic snips and annotate, with description, for the 3800 Router.
I just need the 3 things I can not verify. Once found I would be able to do the possible changes in the advanced set up for the 3800HGV-B

But I will wait to here from you before I start, lol.. Do not want to waste the time ya know, lol..

Cheers and know all you do is appreciated very much, even when it seems a little less happy at times, lol

Well, I did think of one... There isn't a nice:

"How To set Router Changes for AT&T 2wire Gateway 3800" (or any other AT&T Router) in the 3G MicroCell TroubleShoot Guide...
Maybe there's a reason ?
But I would be happy to help with some pic snips and annotate, with description, for the 3800 Router.
I just need the 3 things I can not verify. Once found I would be able to do the possible changes in the advanced set up for the 3800HGV-B

But I will wait to here from you before I start, lol.. Do not want to waste the time ya know, lol..

Cheers and know all you do is appreciated very much, even when it seems a little less happy at times, lol

6 of 11 (1,440 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2014 10:01:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I tired to shy away from posting specific router instructions, other than what AT&T officially posted a couple of years ago, because routers and router settings change, as does their setups, and I didn't want the Guide to so specific so that we would end up being a router support page. I did post my Apple Extreme Base Station port forwarding setup instruction because there wasn't one. Besides, depending on who you have for your ISP and the type of connection, routers supplied, rented, and/or purchased differ too widely to keep up. For example, a 2-Wire 3800 would be for VDSL2, IPTV, for a distance of less that 1800'. A 2-Wire i3812 would be for VDSL2, IPTV, for a distance of greater than 3000'.

I tired to shy away from posting specific router instructions, other than what AT&T officially posted a couple of years ago, because routers and router settings change, as does their setups, and I didn't want the Guide to so specific so that we would end up being a router support page. I did post my Apple Extreme Base Station port forwarding setup instruction because there wasn't one. Besides, depending on who you have for your ISP and the type of connection, routers supplied, rented, and/or purchased differ too widely to keep up. For example, a 2-Wire 3800 would be for VDSL2, IPTV, for a distance of less that 1800'. A 2-Wire i3812 would be for VDSL2, IPTV, for a distance of greater than 3000'.

7 of 11 (1,412 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2014 3:15:14 PM
(0)
Contributor
thanks for the guide - turns out the blinking red light (after we moved around switch/router gear) and no microcell was fixed by a reset. Your guide is great as it gives reasons/context. thank you!.
thanks for the guide - turns out the blinking red light (after we moved around switch/router gear) and no microcell was fixed by a reset. Your guide is great as it gives reasons/context. thank you!.

8 of 11 (1,078 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2014 3:18:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by OttoPylot on Apr 11, 2014 at 3:19:41 PM

Thanks. If it helped you situation you might want click the Accept as Solution button so that others can find it by searching if they have a similar issue. Clcking on the Kudo button would also be nice Smiley Happy

Thanks. If it helped you situation you might want click the Accept as Solution button so that others can find it by searching if they have a similar issue. Clcking on the Kudo button would also be nice Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
9 of 11 (1,077 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2014 5:26:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

You need more kudos like a moose needs a hatrack.....I need kudos!

You need more kudos like a moose needs a hatrack.....I need kudos!

10 of 11 (1,067 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2014 5:51:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Now you're making me feel bad Smiley Sad. I dislike "petitioning" for Kudos or Accept as Solution but the mods do look at that, and keep track. Ultimately it does help the forum and the folks who come here for help. But, it's all up to them. Kinda like a public thank you.

Now you're making me feel bad Smiley Sad. I dislike "petitioning" for Kudos or Accept as Solution but the mods do look at that, and keep track. Ultimately it does help the forum and the folks who come here for help. But, it's all up to them. Kinda like a public thank you.

11 of 11 (1,063 Views)