Posted Jan 21, 2014
7:48:33 AM
View profile
Check your upgrade dates

AT&T has now qualified many people who weren't previously eligble for AT&T Next.

http://about.att.com/newsroom/early_smartphone_upgrades_now_available_for_att_customers.html

-Alex

AT&T has now qualified many people who weren't previously eligble for AT&T Next.

http://about.att.com/newsroom/early_smartphone_upgrades_now_available_for_att_customers.html

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Check your upgrade dates

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 10:10:53 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Thanks Alex!

AT&T Next and upgrade eligibility can be found online at myatt.com, myAT&T app or by dialing *NEW# (*639#) from your wireless phone.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Thanks Alex!

AT&T Next and upgrade eligibility can be found online at myatt.com, myAT&T app or by dialing *NEW# (*639#) from your wireless phone.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Check your upgrade dates

2 of 11 (1,450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 11:54:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I saw this when I logged into my account after being prompted by a couple of recent threads.  I also saw that AT&T fixed the discrepancies in the Next pricing, so I'm not as excited about it as I was before. :catsad: Oh well, there aren't any phones out now that I want anyway.

I saw this when I logged into my account after being prompted by a couple of recent threads.  I also saw that AT&T fixed the discrepancies in the Next pricing, so I'm not as excited about it as I was before. :catsad: Oh well, there aren't any phones out now that I want anyway.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 11 (1,438 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 3:43:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

OK, it's time for me to join the "Not fair!" chorus.  New customers who signed contracts Sunday or later can get upgrades at the 20-month mark.  But, those of us that signed contracts just under two years ago are still being held to two years for an upgrade, even though it changed to two years from 20 months only recently.  My suggestion is that AT&T should allow everyone to upgrade at 20 months now.

OK, it's time for me to join the "Not fair!" chorus.  New customers who signed contracts Sunday or later can get upgrades at the 20-month mark.  But, those of us that signed contracts just under two years ago are still being held to two years for an upgrade, even though it changed to two years from 20 months only recently.  My suggestion is that AT&T should allow everyone to upgrade at 20 months now.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 11 (1,413 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2014 6:53:23 AM
(0)
Guru
Mine wasn't eligible but I called in to see if they would let me utilize next and they gladly said yes. It took about 24 hours to reflect but my account shows eligible. Now that I'm on the value plan im considering next. With the old prices no way I would have considered it. You should call in to see what they can do.
Mine wasn't eligible but I called in to see if they would let me utilize next and they gladly said yes. It took about 24 hours to reflect but my account shows eligible. Now that I'm on the value plan im considering next. With the old prices no way I would have considered it. You should call in to see what they can do.

5 of 11 (1,380 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2014 7:21:05 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hey 21stNow, let me clarify. 20 months mark that was mentioned is for the AT&T Next upgrade, a 2 year subsidized upgrade is 24 months for everybody. So anyone who signed a contract before January 18th can switch to Next in 6 months, but users that signed a 2 year contract on January 18th or after will be able to switch to Next in 20 months, vs 24 months if they want to go with another 2 year contract upgrade.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Hey 21stNow, let me clarify. 20 months mark that was mentioned is for the AT&T Next upgrade, a 2 year subsidized upgrade is 24 months for everybody. So anyone who signed a contract before January 18th can switch to Next in 6 months, but users that signed a 2 year contract on January 18th or after will be able to switch to Next in 20 months, vs 24 months if they want to go with another 2 year contract upgrade.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 11 (1,375 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2014 8:37:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Dmitriy

Thanks for the clarification Dmitriy.  I have to admit that this gets a little confusing, as I didn't get that fine detail from the press release.

ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Dmitriy

Thanks for the clarification Dmitriy.  I have to admit that this gets a little confusing, as I didn't get that fine detail from the press release.

7 of 11 (1,367 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 22, 2014 3:41:42 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by Eileen89 on Jan 22, 2014 at 3:50:50 PM

Yeah, I noticed this yesterday and no thanks!  Not getting rid of my unlimited $30 smartphone data plan for this. Had me going till I read where it said  that my current data plan is not compatable.  If AT&T wants to do me a favor, then give me back my regular 20 month upgrade that was removed AFTER I signed a 2 year agreement.  IMHO, this really isn't a good deal since one ends up paying full retail for a device anyway. Since I primarily purchase iPhones anyway, I'll stick to purchasing them already unlocked directly from Apple. 

Yeah, I noticed this yesterday and no thanks!  Not getting rid of my unlimited $30 smartphone data plan for this. Had me going till I read where it said  that my current data plan is not compatable.  If AT&T wants to do me a favor, then give me back my regular 20 month upgrade that was removed AFTER I signed a 2 year agreement.  IMHO, this really isn't a good deal since one ends up paying full retail for a device anyway. Since I primarily purchase iPhones anyway, I'll stick to purchasing them already unlocked directly from Apple. 

[ Edited ]
8 of 11 (1,346 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2014 1:49:26 AM
(0)
Contributor
I have to agree here. paying for a phone in monthly installments and then trading the phone for a new one is not a good deal. Why is AT&T trying to scam people?
I have to agree here. paying for a phone in monthly installments and then trading the phone for a new one is not a good deal. Why is AT&T trying to scam people?

9 of 11 (1,052 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2014 6:00:00 AM
(0)
Expert

Jim13013 wrote:

take a look around, the major carriers are going to theis business model. Sorry but ATT is not trying to "scam" anyone. With a 2 year subsidized contract people would scream becasue they just upgraded and the latest and greatest toy that they cannot live without becamse avaliable, the plan gives them the ability to trade up to the newest toy in 12 months instead of having to drag the old dinosaur of their current phone around for another 12 months. You can also pay off the balance of the phone and walk away with no penalties

You are not locked into the next plan, you can still choose to get a subsidized phone and be locked inot a service contract for 2 years with the etf if you decide to cancel out early

Jim13013 wrote:

take a look around, the major carriers are going to theis business model. Sorry but ATT is not trying to "scam" anyone. With a 2 year subsidized contract people would scream becasue they just upgraded and the latest and greatest toy that they cannot live without becamse avaliable, the plan gives them the ability to trade up to the newest toy in 12 months instead of having to drag the old dinosaur of their current phone around for another 12 months. You can also pay off the balance of the phone and walk away with no penalties

You are not locked into the next plan, you can still choose to get a subsidized phone and be locked inot a service contract for 2 years with the etf if you decide to cancel out early

10 of 11 (1,042 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2014 5:38:33 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by loganic on Feb 2, 2014 at 5:43:02 PM

I don't understand the griping, For some people, the faster upgrading, and being able to always have the latest phone is worth more than gold.

The new Mobile share Value plans make it disgustingly easy, and inexpensive to get very nice phones.

If you don't want to lose some old plan and the price doesnt look good, just politely say no when offered and that you already know about it.

Do your research, if it's good for you, it's great, if it's not, it's not, and that's it.

If it didn't help anyways, I'd be tempted to say it's a scam, but lot's of people are getting Iphone 5s for $10 a month and loving it. 18 months for trade-in upgrade option. 26 months for full ownership, and no trade in upgrade.

If you don't understand why someone can get an iphone for that price, then you don't understand the Next program and probably need to look at it further.

-Alex

I don't understand the griping, For some people, the faster upgrading, and being able to always have the latest phone is worth more than gold.

The new Mobile share Value plans make it disgustingly easy, and inexpensive to get very nice phones.

If you don't want to lose some old plan and the price doesnt look good, just politely say no when offered and that you already know about it.

Do your research, if it's good for you, it's great, if it's not, it's not, and that's it.

If it didn't help anyways, I'd be tempted to say it's a scam, but lot's of people are getting Iphone 5s for $10 a month and loving it. 18 months for trade-in upgrade option. 26 months for full ownership, and no trade in upgrade.

If you don't understand why someone can get an iphone for that price, then you don't understand the Next program and probably need to look at it further.

-Alex

[ Edited ]
11 of 11 (1,002 Views)