Charging cable for Iphone5

Professor

Charging cable for Iphone5

has any one have the new style charge cable quit working? mine stopped working today. i got my iphone 5 in march.

i like the old style cable better this new style is no good, it just stopped working. taken care of not no bends or kinks in the cable.i hope apple will warranty replace it.

Message 1 of 8 (955 Views)
Scholar

Re: Charging cable for Iphone5

I've heard that Apple will replace it if you take in the store. I'm not too sure how true that is since I've never done it. I would call and ask. 

Message 2 of 8 (934 Views)
Professor

THANKS i will go to the store and find out.

Message 3 of 8 (926 Views)
ACE - Master

If your iPhone itself is less than a year old, then the cable is covered under teh iPhone 1 year warraty (as well as the charger) it the iPHone is over 1 year old, but you have a proof of purchase for a separate cable, then the cable itself should be covered for 1 year from its purchase date.  I know I have had 4 or 5 cabes replaced for my wife since she got her iPhone 5 late last Nov.  It looks like I will need to take another 1 or 2 in to get them replaced soon too.  The cables tend to damage easily if you stress them too hard right where teh cable comes out of the connector.  I have seen my wife ersting her phone on the cable forcing a 90 degree bend in the cable right where it exits the connector and that's where all of hers have failed so far.  I got my iPhone 5 on launch day last year, and my original cable looks like new, no signs of damage, but then again, I don't stress my cables like she appears to do.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8 (914 Views)
Professor

all i do is take the cable to a apple store?

Message 5 of 8 (863 Views)
ACE - Master

Yes.  You would be best off to make an appointment at the Genius Bar before you go, since you have to see them for this "service".  It is quick.  You show them the iPhone (the check the serial number to verify it's still under warranty, and then you sign a repair form and they give you a replcement cable (and they keep your old one).  My last visit took 5 minutes to replace 2 cables.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 8 (860 Views)
Master

To each there own but I always have a spare cable for all my computer and phone needs because you never know when you will need it but I still have a working original cable and my experience was just the opposite the 30 pin would not last the year on the older iDevices.

One thing I see in the field with both the 30pin and new lightning cable is dirt and lent will collect in the port causing a bad connection so periodic cleaning with a flat toothpick of the wood variety works great.

Message 7 of 8 (842 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Ring up apple customer services and tell them your
Cable is faulty they will send you a bag to send it back to them with your replacement cable

They do ask for your credit card for the value of the cable incase they don't receive the faulty goods

I done this recently with my old 4S headphones
They wore out after 20 months of use Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8 (786 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.