Charges for data usage/internet

Highlighted
Contributor

Charges for data usage/internet

My husband keeps fat fingering on his phone and gets these data charges (We don't pay for internet so it's a time by time charge).  Can I get Att to take off bill each time I see a charge for $2?  If so, how far can I get Att to go back and credit my account for these charges?  It's obvious that it would take more time/money to get to anywhere on the internet than that.

Help me out if you've had any luck on this issue.

Message 1 of 5 (896 Views)

Re: Charges for data usage/internet

Good luck getting a credit for the data use. Since data was actually accessed, the charges are correct.

Your best bet is to have a "Data Block" put on the phone. That way when you "accidentally"  hit the MediaNet button, nothing happens.

Of course, doing that prevents any MMS. Also, you won't have the ability to use data, if you needed to.

Message 2 of 5 (892 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

You can ask ATT to help you and credit them, but they will not do it each month unless you block the data or add a plan. For non smartphones:

• $15 - UNL
  • $10 - UNL (if you have Family Messaging already)

Blocking does prohibit sending/recieving multimedia messages. Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 5 (891 Views)
RR9
Tutor

not helpful, only bad choices -
a. pay an extra $10/month per line for a low-end data plan
b. block Internet access - that also blocks MMS
c. await each month's bill to see how many $2 charges appear.
ATT needs to fix this, e.g.,
1. fix system to block internet and also allow MMS, or
2. automatically credit these bogus $2 charges, or
3. notify user and get consent (e.g., "continuing this request may incur additional charges. OK to proceed?")
Message 4 of 5 (707 Views)
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed, as it is very old. 

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 5 of 5 (702 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.