Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 15, 2014
3:29:16 PM
View profile
Charged for plan that is not plan I signed up for

I called CS and went over my plan and charges, tried to get them to view the archived web article that I could see that outlined the plan I signed up with but the CS could not see what I was seeing on the ATT website! Crazy! I am being charged $80 and the plan I signed up for, the charge should be $65 but since the CS cant see the website, she can't do anything. I asked for my issue tobe escalated and they don't have an escalation department, uh, what? What's going on ATT? I've been a customer for several, several years and I'm so totally disappointed,not to mention frustrated, you've got me either way - I have to honor my contract or I have to pay $350, I can't get anyone from ATT to honor our agreement so they charge $25 a month more than the original contract and no one can help me because their resources are so limited that it is, quite frankly, a joke. I will take this to the President of ATT, I will not stop. Such a sad commentary on an iconic American business.

I called CS and went over my plan and charges, tried to get them to view the archived web article that I could see that outlined the plan I signed up with but the CS could not see what I was seeing on the ATT website! Crazy! I am being charged $80 and the plan I signed up for, the charge should be $65 but since the CS cant see the website, she can't do anything. I asked for my issue tobe escalated and they don't have an escalation department, uh, what? What's going on ATT? I've been a customer for several, several years and I'm so totally disappointed,not to mention frustrated, you've got me either way - I have to honor my contract or I have to pay $350, I can't get anyone from ATT to honor our agreement so they charge $25 a month more than the original contract and no one can help me because their resources are so limited that it is, quite frankly, a joke. I will take this to the President of ATT, I will not stop. Such a sad commentary on an iconic American business.

Charged for plan that is not plan I signed up for

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 5:22:42 PM
(0)
Scholar

Do you still have the paper work that you were issued from the store? If you call customer care they should be able to bring up the plan that you are on. If the plan that they bring up is different than the one that you asked for, as well as the plan that is on the "paper work" then I fax them the paper work.

Do you still have the paper work that you were issued from the store? If you call customer care they should be able to bring up the plan that you are on. If the plan that they bring up is different than the one that you asked for, as well as the plan that is on the "paper work" then I fax them the paper work.

Re: Charged for plan that is not plan I signed up for

2 of 6 (375 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 5:38:30 PM
(0)
Tutor

No, it was all handled online with ATT.

No, it was all handled online with ATT.

3 of 6 (372 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 5:40:01 PM
(0)
Tutor

I'm going to download the Dispute Notification form and send it ATT, that is my only recourse that I can find online.

I'm going to download the Dispute Notification form and send it ATT, that is my only recourse that I can find online.

4 of 6 (370 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2014 8:07:37 PM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by ranron on Apr 15, 2014 at 8:09:05 PM

The price advertised online of $65/month is for an off-contract plan without taxes and fees.

If you're under contract, the price of the plan is indeed an extra charge per month. If you want to pay less, you either need to use an old phone, buy a new one at full price, or sign up for AT&T Next. The issue with Next is you will techinially still need to pay more than your phone bill per month in making installment payments to pay off your new phone.

There is also the difference in taxes and fees? Also the first month is prorated and billed together with your second month which also makes the first bill higher.

Without looking at your bill, it's hard to be sure, but there are few scenarios why your bill is higher.

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]

The price advertised online of $65/month is for an off-contract plan without taxes and fees.

If you're under contract, the price of the plan is indeed an extra charge per month. If you want to pay less, you either need to use an old phone, buy a new one at full price, or sign up for AT&T Next. The issue with Next is you will techinially still need to pay more than your phone bill per month in making installment payments to pay off your new phone.

There is also the difference in taxes and fees? Also the first month is prorated and billed together with your second month which also makes the first bill higher.

Without looking at your bill, it's hard to be sure, but there are few scenarios why your bill is higher.

[ Edited ]
5 of 6 (356 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2014 2:15:25 PM
(0)
Tutor

We had (2) smartphones and only needed one since my work provides an iPhone. We opted, per the ATT CSR, to use an old Samsung flip-phone we had and take it in to a retail store for a new SIM card since the original SIM card for the flip phone had my husband's phone number. We were told that the smartphone would cost $20 for data (300mb) and $25 for text/talk per month and that the basic phone (flip phone) would cost $20 per month. The CSR also told us to make sure we were not put under another 2-year plan when we got the SIM card replaced and we told the store personnel not to mess with our contract term but the next month, when the bill was wrong, I called and was told that the term is now a new 2-year contract and that I was to pay $45 + $20 for the smartphone and 300mb of data plus $20 for the basic phone for a total of $85 plus tax and fees. Every month I have been calling CS and I have to tell the story all over again so that CSR understands what has happened and every month I get told that they will fix the problem and I won't have that issue again - but every month, my bill increases $10; Jan = $75, Feb = $85 and Mar = $95, so I'm very frustrated. I'm not stupid, I know that the tax and fees will increase the bill but not by $30.

We had (2) smartphones and only needed one since my work provides an iPhone. We opted, per the ATT CSR, to use an old Samsung flip-phone we had and take it in to a retail store for a new SIM card since the original SIM card for the flip phone had my husband's phone number. We were told that the smartphone would cost $20 for data (300mb) and $25 for text/talk per month and that the basic phone (flip phone) would cost $20 per month. The CSR also told us to make sure we were not put under another 2-year plan when we got the SIM card replaced and we told the store personnel not to mess with our contract term but the next month, when the bill was wrong, I called and was told that the term is now a new 2-year contract and that I was to pay $45 + $20 for the smartphone and 300mb of data plus $20 for the basic phone for a total of $85 plus tax and fees. Every month I have been calling CS and I have to tell the story all over again so that CSR understands what has happened and every month I get told that they will fix the problem and I won't have that issue again - but every month, my bill increases $10; Jan = $75, Feb = $85 and Mar = $95, so I'm very frustrated. I'm not stupid, I know that the tax and fees will increase the bill but not by $30.

6 of 6 (313 Views)