Charged for no service

Scholar

Re: Charged for no service

If you went to work five days a week for 10 years and then your boss stopped paying you and did not explain why, would you keep going back there and working? Or would you refuse to work for that boss anymore until he gave you that back-pay?

Message 16 of 20 (1,958 Views)
Teacher

So...AT&T will get paid regardless...I'm sure it's in the contract.  

Welcome to the United Corporations of America.  Are you all registered to vote?

Message 17 of 20 (1,580 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

golfnwaltz wrote:

So...AT&T will get paid regardless...I'm sure it's in the contract.  

Welcome to the United Corporations of America.  Are you all registered to vote?

or you might want to do something even easier - read the leagally binding contract that you sign when you get any type of service - it has all the information in it that you need to know about what you are repsonsible for - has nothing to do with what you are saving and has everything to do with being a informed consumer. By the way to be 100 percent accurate - replace att with the cord "carrier" since every carrier down to the lowly cricket has the same exact wording - no carrier will promise coverage all the time - it is technologically impossible

Message 18 of 20 (1,520 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have Internet and phone service with ATT. I use to have mobile until they surprised me with a thousand dollar phone bill worth of data charges without letting me know at all before I went over.  I was just a new customer.  I am a young mother and I trusted ATT and they let me and my family  down. I tried to talk to them and they don't care about their customers at all. I felt like a victim of abuse like I had just been  violated the way they treated me when I tried to ask for help. I realized that I'm just another number with a dollar sign to them.  So,  my mother is helping me [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]..  Just recently I had my Internet shut off because I just gave birth to a baby boy and money was low.  We were able to keep the home phone on.  But,  we had to wait on the Internet.  My mother stepped in to help me. She's been great! I recently had brain surgery and lost my second baby as a result, so, she understands my situation. My mother found out that my husband and I were being charged for services we were not using.  How can that even be legal?  She is going to contact her "friends" about this and the fcc. She works for Sprint and if you get disconnected for nonpayment during your bill cycle,  they actually prorate you credit AND not charge you for the next Month. Bottom line is that they actually care that you are human and wooden hard for your money and charge you for services that you use.  They are honest and reputable.  My home phone is horrible with voice quality and they don't even help with that so I'm paying money for services that are garbled and can't understand half of the conversation. How is any of this legal?  Last I heard,  policy NEVER overrides the actual law. There can be no possible way a company can charge you services that are not provided. They told my mother they have the right to charge to keep the lines "open". Lol! What a joke! Sprint doesn't do that.  It looks like they follow the law to a tee! The rep at ATT told my mom they need the money to cover their legal fees and pay collection agencies, etc.... That's on top of the $25 reconnection fees per line they charge you. There is simply no excuse to abuse their customers like this. None. I'm even going to write our president about this, too, because it appears many Americans in this tough economy are going through the same as me and my family with ATT. 

Message 19 of 20 (659 Views)
Highlighted

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 20 of 20 (600 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.