Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 22, 2013
11:11:09 AM
View profile
Charge for using VIBER (a VOIP service) overseas with AT&T iPhone?
I know that using my AT&T iPhone overseas leads to expensive international charges. But is that still the case if I use the phone with a VOIP service like VIBER that uses the internet instead of cellular?   (VIBER is like Skype, but it uses your regular phone number rather than a special ID. It's free for calls between an AT&T iPhone in the U.S. and an iPhone located overseas with a local calling plan -- e.g. a Danish plan in Denmark -- when both iPhones are using the VIBER app. The question is whether the call would be free if the iPhone located overseas was using its AT&T U.S. number.)

I know that using my AT&T iPhone overseas leads to expensive international charges. But is that still the case if I use the phone with a VOIP service like VIBER that uses the internet instead of cellular?   (VIBER is like Skype, but it uses your regular phone number rather than a special ID. It's free for calls between an AT&T iPhone in the U.S. and an iPhone located overseas with a local calling plan -- e.g. a Danish plan in Denmark -- when both iPhones are using the VIBER app. The question is whether the call would be free if the iPhone located overseas was using its AT&T U.S. number.)

Charge for using VIBER (a VOIP service) overseas with AT&T iPhone?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 22, 2013 12:34:33 PM
(0)
Expert

jatay wrote:

remember data usage oversea has the same type of international charges. VOIP judt sends the call over the cellular data network instead of voice.  While they state it is free, it really is not, it is using your cellular data paln

jatay wrote:

remember data usage oversea has the same type of international charges. VOIP judt sends the call over the cellular data network instead of voice.  While they state it is free, it really is not, it is using your cellular data paln

Re: Charge for using VIBER (a VOIP service) overseas with AT&T iPhone?

2 of 2 (2,153 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments