Changing from 10 cent/day to $2/day plan

Tutor

Changing from 10 cent/day to $2/day plan

I changed my plan from the 10 cent per day to the $2/day plan.

My account summary is still showing a balance of $87 left over from my 10 cent plan.

Can I use this balance up on the $2/day plan?

Message 1 of 8 (1,237 Views)
Scholar

Re: Changing from 10 cent/day to $2/day plan

Yes you can. The $2/day plan would activate once you make /answer a call or send a mesage. You could receive messages and it would'nt activate your $2/day plan. The plan starts from midnight to midnight once you activate. Everytime you use the $2/day it would deduct $2 from your account until the expiration date of your balance or when it is depleted, whichever comes first. 

Message 2 of 8 (1,225 Views)
Tutor

OK, my account balance expires September 20th.
So on that day the $87 goes away?
How do you fund additional purchases?
Message 3 of 8 (1,220 Views)
Scholar

Your $87 will not be lost as long as you refill your account with any amount on or before the expiration date (to be safe refill a day before). It will roll over to the next expiration date.  I am not so sure though about expiration dates, I was thinking if you add $15 to your account so that your total will be $102, and it will extend to another full year, but im not certain about it. Im still on the verge seeking for the answer.

What i am certain about is if you add any amount before it expires your $87 will be carried over and not be gone to waste. You can just add the minimum $10 for now.

you can do this thru diallin 611 on your go phone voice prompt,  going to att website (manage your acct). or by text messaging, or refill card you can buy at stores

Message 4 of 8 (1,149 Views)
Highlighted
Master

[ Edited ]

LG_21 wrote:

Your $87 will not be lost as long as you refill your account with any amount on or before the expiration date (to be safe refill a day before). It will roll over to the next expiration date.  I am not so sure though about expiration dates, I was thinking if you add $15 to your account so that your total will be $102, and it will extend to another full year, but im not certain about it. Im still on the verge seeking for the answer.

What i am certain about is if you add any amount before it expires your $87 will be carried over and not be gone to waste. You can just add the minimum $10 for now.

you can do this thru diallin 611 on your go phone voice prompt,  going to att website (manage your acct). or by text messaging, or refill card you can buy at stores

You're second gut was correct. Smiley Happy  

If you add just the $15 refill, the expiration period of 30 days would then be applied to the entire account balance.  Prior to the end of that second expiration period, you would need to refill again to keep the account balance.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 5 of 8 (1,132 Views)
Scholar

@hme83 Thank you for the heads up. I think it is better to refill a larger amount, 30 days period is too short. booch221 could also have the option of changing to the monthly rate plan. And since he already made a switch from .10c/min to $2, he would be charged $10 for the next switch. am i right?

I am also guessing if you refill two $50 it would only add to a 100 but it would only have a 90 day expiry, right? 

And you can keep adding diffirent denominations and the last refill denomination's expiration date would be followed as long as it is longer than the current expiry, am i right o this one?

Message 6 of 8 (1,114 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

So at a minimum, the $2 day plan costs $120/year ($10x 12 months).

The 10 cent per minute plan costs $100/year ($25 every three months).

I can't see the $2 a day plan being very popular unless you talk and text a lot, but only on five days out of the month.

If they would allow you to use data on a smartphone on the $2 plan it might be worthwhile.

Message 7 of 8 (1,065 Views)
Scholar

To keep it simple, Just think that your Account Balance is like a Bank in where you would put money in it.

If you add $10 or $15 it would have an expiry of 30 days

$25, $50 ,$75 would have an expiry of 90 days

$100 would have an expiry of 365 days

Your last refill denomination would determine your new expiration date as long as it is longer than the current expiration date. If the current expiration date is longer, then the current expiry would remain.

Eg. I purchased $100 on January 1,2013. It would expire on January 1, 2014. In the middle of that ,I decided to purchase $50 on June1,2013. It would expire on August 29,2013  (90 days). The current expiration date is longer than the last refill, So the expiration date would still be on January 1,2014.

That is the reason why you must refill your account w/ any denomination a day before your current expiration date, to maximize your next expiry period. And so any balance left in your account would be carried over. If it reaches the expiration date without making any purchase, any balance left would be lost, And a 60 day grace period would start until the Account closes.

Now whatever plan rate you enrolled would just deduct any money from the account, It has nothing to do if the account closes or what.  The $2 and 10c/min pay per use would deduct whenever you use it, and the monthly plans would deduct every month. So however you use your plan rates, it doesnt matter as long as there still money in your account or it would not expire. whichever comes first.

Message 8 of 8 (988 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.