Changing a home number to a cell phone number?

Changing a home number to a cell phone number?

Hello.  I would like to know if it is possible for us to switch my grandmother's home telephone number and make it her cell phone number instead.  Can this be done?  She has Xfinity Comcast for her home phone service.

Message 1 of 4 (462 Views)
Expert

Re: Changing a home number to a cell phone number?

callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

Hello.  I would like to know if it is possible for us to switch my grandmother's home telephone number and make it her cell phone number instead.  Can this be done?  She has Xfinity Comcast for her home phone service.

should be able to port the number, but comcast would have to initiate it. Another issue is that if she already has a cell phone with a number attached I am not sure that you can port the number to an existing phone. I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

Message 2 of 4 (445 Views)
Employee
Employee

If she has a cellphone with AT&T then she can switch it. She needs to call AT&T's Porting dept. If she doesn't then sales can set up new account and port the number over.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4 (361 Views)

Thank you for the information. :-)  

Message 4 of 4 (339 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.