Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jul 28, 2013
12:06:43 PM
Changing a home number to a cell phone number?

Hello.  I would like to know if it is possible for us to switch my grandmother's home telephone number and make it her cell phone number instead.  Can this be done?  She has Xfinity Comcast for her home phone service.

Hello.  I would like to know if it is possible for us to switch my grandmother's home telephone number and make it her cell phone number instead.  Can this be done?  She has Xfinity Comcast for her home phone service.

Changing a home number to a cell phone number?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 28, 2013 12:55:35 PM
(0)
Expert

callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

should be able to port the number, but comcast would have to initiate it. Another issue is that if she already has a cell phone with a number attached I am not sure that you can port the number to an existing phone. I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

should be able to port the number, but comcast would have to initiate it. Another issue is that if she already has a cell phone with a number attached I am not sure that you can port the number to an existing phone. I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community Support is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST within 2 to 3 business days.

Re: Changing a home number to a cell phone number?

2 of 4 (408 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 6:19:39 PM
(0)
Employee
If she has a cellphone with AT&T then she can switch it. She needs to call AT&T's Porting dept. If she doesn't then sales can set up new account and port the number over.
If she has a cellphone with AT&T then she can switch it. She needs to call AT&T's Porting dept. If she doesn't then sales can set up new account and port the number over.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 4 (324 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2013 2:31:49 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thank you for the information. :-)  

Thank you for the information. :-)  

4 of 4 (302 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments