Changing Rate Plan on a Go Phone

Changing Rate Plan on a Go Phone

I have upgraded from $2 a day to $25 monthly plan and now onto the $50 monthly plan but had to go into an AT&T store on each occasion as could not find how to do on line.  Have tried setting up an AT&T ID as suggected in the support screen for changing a rate plan.  However, says not applicable to Go Phone.  Been back into the store and not had any help.  As I will be out of the US for a couple of months I will want to change plans again.  Just do not want to have to keep going back into store.  Please can anyone help.  Thanks

Message 1 of 8
Former Community Manager

Re: Changing Rate Plan on a Go Phone

Here are instructions on how to register online to manage your GoPhone Account: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB92523#fbid=t9mjtZs2WYs

Let us know if this helps. If not, we'll get you some additional help. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 8

Hi.  What you have suggested does not work.  I have clicked on your link which takes me to the "Change your rate plan"  I then click on 1 - go to change your rate plan in my AT&T.  I already have an AT&T Access ID.  When I go to link my account it gives me an error message - PSLDCP05: we can't link prepaid accounts to an AT&T access ID.  It then suggests to go to go phone registration site.  I am already set up on that as I have used that for pre filling the phone and arranging packages on line.  I would appreciate some further assistance in sorting this matter out.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 8
Teacher

You can also call 611 to change your features
Message 4 of 8
Highlighted

Thanks.  Yes I have seen that it can be changed by calling 611 but I would like to be able to do it on line.  Any further suggestions/help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 8
Voyager

I got the same run around.  I get directed to a page, wher it says you can change your plan (I want the 25./mo where I can add data....they set me up for 25. worth of minutes (wrong).  So I egt directed to a page where there is a line to pick the 25./mo plan....but guess what?  No button!!  I'm a new customer AND SO COMPLETELY FRUSTRATED I HONESTLY FEEL SICK. Sure a lot of it is that I now have a smartphone (which is ALOT dumber than my other Samsung 'dumb' phone......) so I am already frustrated........but the fact that their office is closed isn't right.  You can't do anything online, its torture.  I was disconnected by the 'help'......

meanwhile I get the text...charged .20 for a text.....that was supposed to be free............tick tick tick, the plan will expire before it gets fixed!

Message 6 of 8

It should be easy in this day and age just to click on a button to change your plan. It isn't and remains a painful exercise to do so. It took over 30 minutes for me to change it again the other day. I have asked AT&T several times about it but they have done nothing.

Sent from my iPad
Message 7 of 8
Contributor

I have had a Go Phone Plan for about six months now. I have been looking online for a full proof way to change my plan, without going to the AT&T store. Up until now I've been doing the two dollars a day, unlimited talk and text and my account is two days shy of needing minutes. I have an iPhone 4 (which I was told was not available for a Data Package when I first started my Go Phone Plan.) AT&T knows I'm using this iPhone as a Go Phone but I'm a little afraid of doing anything online without being sure because I keep seeing everywhere on the Go Phone site that if I do change any features my current money could be lost so I don't wanna do anything I'm not sure of! Can anyone help me please? Also I have a Debit Card, I didn't purchase a prepaid card to attempt ro switch.
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support