Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 26, 2011
7:15:49 PM
View profile
Changing FAN?

My company has a discount agreement with AT&T that I associated my account to a few years ago for 15%. That discount is ongoing and hadn't changed.

I was reviewing company benefits the other day and saw that the AT&T discount is now 20%. I checked and there's a different FAN number associated with the benefit.

I can't figure out how to change the FAN associated with my account to change to the larger discount. I tried to do the eligiblity check via e-mail and follow the process in the link... it only shows me the previous discount. I tried to do it via the special company URL to the AT&T Premier Store, no dice.

Can I do this online or do I need to call AT&T?

My company has a discount agreement with AT&T that I associated my account to a few years ago for 15%. That discount is ongoing and hadn't changed.

I was reviewing company benefits the other day and saw that the AT&T discount is now 20%. I checked and there's a different FAN number associated with the benefit.

I can't figure out how to change the FAN associated with my account to change to the larger discount. I tried to do the eligiblity check via e-mail and follow the process in the link... it only shows me the previous discount. I tried to do it via the special company URL to the AT&T Premier Store, no dice.

Can I do this online or do I need to call AT&T?

Changing FAN?

9 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2011 8:50:04 PM
(0)
Master

Call ATT directly and let them get the right code on your account.  You could also go to a corporate store with proof of employement and they can update the informaiton too.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Call ATT directly and let them get the right code on your account.  You could also go to a corporate store with proof of employement and they can update the informaiton too.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Changing FAN?

2 of 10 (6,767 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2011 11:19:16 AM
(0)
Contributor
This is a total lie. I just called att to do this and was told that I had to do it at an att store or online. I was told they cannot make fan # changes by phone. Oh and the website link I got did not work. Seriously, is it that big of a deal to make this change?!!
This is a total lie. I just called att to do this and was told that I had to do it at an att store or online. I was told they cannot make fan # changes by phone. Oh and the website link I got did not work. Seriously, is it that big of a deal to make this change?!!

3 of 10 (6,588 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2011 11:31:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Hi there!

This can be definitely be done online! Smiley Happy

To change the FAN number, you must first check if the company you are referring to has a discount agreement with AT&T. You may do this by supplying the e-mail (the one you use to check e-mail at the company) at the following page: http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/.

After supplying the e-mail, you should receive an e-mail stating if the you may apply the discount with a button to register. Upon completing the registration, you should be get an outline of the company's benifits, as well as the discount rate. Smiley Wink

Please remember that it may take 1-2 billing cycles before the discount takes effect! Smiley Wink

Hope that helps!

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine Smiley Happy

Hi there!

This can be definitely be done online! Smiley Happy

To change the FAN number, you must first check if the company you are referring to has a discount agreement with AT&T. You may do this by supplying the e-mail (the one you use to check e-mail at the company) at the following page: http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/.

After supplying the e-mail, you should receive an e-mail stating if the you may apply the discount with a button to register. Upon completing the registration, you should be get an outline of the company's benifits, as well as the discount rate. Smiley Wink

Please remember that it may take 1-2 billing cycles before the discount takes effect! Smiley Wink

Hope that helps!

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 10 (6,584 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2011 7:13:14 AM
(0)
Professor

My company also has  a FAN account/discount. We use ATT for our conferences and the works.  I should take advantage of the percentage off my bill.  Ive been too lazy to get it implemented!

My company also has  a FAN account/discount. We use ATT for our conferences and the works.  I should take advantage of the percentage off my bill.  Ive been too lazy to get it implemented!

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

5 of 10 (6,552 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2011 2:12:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

RicoLX wrote:

My company also has  a FAN account/discount. We use ATT for our conferences and the works.  I should take advantage of the percentage off my bill. 

Definitely Rico! Smiley Happy Let us know if you encounter any issues! Smiley Happy We will all be glad to help out! Smiley Happy

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine Smiley Happy

RicoLX wrote:

My company also has  a FAN account/discount. We use ATT for our conferences and the works.  I should take advantage of the percentage off my bill. 

Definitely Rico! Smiley Happy Let us know if you encounter any issues! Smiley Happy We will all be glad to help out! Smiley Happy

~ Evandela ~

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 10 (6,545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2011 10:29:55 AM
(0)
Contributor
My account is already associated with a FAN, but the company has been bought by another with a different FAN. I have the email with the new company email address saying my company and email address qualifies,b ut when I try to change it online it says my account does not match the exisitng FAN. How do I change from one FAN to another?

Thank you.
My account is already associated with a FAN, but the company has been bought by another with a different FAN. I have the email with the new company email address saying my company and email address qualifies,b ut when I try to change it online it says my account does not match the exisitng FAN. How do I change from one FAN to another?

Thank you.

7 of 10 (5,531 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2013 9:42:51 AM
(0)
Contributor

Evandela,  I have a company phone. My company gets a discount with FAN 000XXXX3.  When I send in my email address I can sign up for FAN 000XXXX4, which gets me a lower discount than my phone should have.

If I call the business side of AT&T they say that the phone is personal (which it is not) and that they cannot make the change to a personal phone - call the personal side. If I call them they say that the FAN is a business FAN and they cannot change my pone to that FAN, call the business side.

I have made calls etc periodically since January 2013 to get this resolved.  I have even been told that it is fixed, just wait 2 billing cycles for it to take effect. No luck on that...

I have been told to have my company AT&T administrator call.  She has...

Today I was told to go by a store.  This was after the rep tried for about 30 min to change it on her side with no luck.

I think that AT&T is so compartmentalized that this task may not be possible.  

Any ideas?

Evandela,  I have a company phone. My company gets a discount with FAN 000XXXX3.  When I send in my email address I can sign up for FAN 000XXXX4, which gets me a lower discount than my phone should have.

If I call the business side of AT&T they say that the phone is personal (which it is not) and that they cannot make the change to a personal phone - call the personal side. If I call them they say that the FAN is a business FAN and they cannot change my pone to that FAN, call the business side.

I have made calls etc periodically since January 2013 to get this resolved.  I have even been told that it is fixed, just wait 2 billing cycles for it to take effect. No luck on that...

I have been told to have my company AT&T administrator call.  She has...

Today I was told to go by a store.  This was after the rep tried for about 30 min to change it on her side with no luck.

I think that AT&T is so compartmentalized that this task may not be possible.  

Any ideas?

8 of 10 (2,603 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2013 10:43:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Hi WBHobbs,

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

AT&T customer care can also be found online through these channels.

These folks are not your regular AT&T Custoner Care representatives. They are social media managers and are happy to help out where they sere needed Smiley Happy

~Sunshine Smiley Happy

Hi WBHobbs,

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

AT&T customer care can also be found online through these channels.

These folks are not your regular AT&T Custoner Care representatives. They are social media managers and are happy to help out where they sere needed Smiley Happy

9 of 10 (2,593 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2013 5:33:57 PM
(0)
Guru

You can download and fax this form.

http://www.unionplus.org/statics/0000/3718/ATT_FaxVerificationForm.pdf

Instead of union, scratch that off and put your employer and scratch off that FAN number and put your new one. I've done this 2 times, and I get text message by next business day that it's been updated.The fax goes straight to alorica which handles IRU accounts.  

You can download and fax this form.

http://www.unionplus.org/statics/0000/3718/ATT_FaxVerificationForm.pdf

Instead of union, scratch that off and put your employer and scratch off that FAN number and put your new one. I've done this 2 times, and I get text message by next business day that it's been updated.The fax goes straight to alorica which handles IRU accounts.  

10 of 10 (2,553 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments