Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 22, 2014
8:24:33 AM
View profile
Change my smartpohone rate plans
Edited by teriyakiboy87 on Feb 22, 2014 at 8:32:03 AM

I have $60 monthly unlimited with data plan on my galaxy go phone.

I was thinking about to change $25 monthly with 250 min and unlimiited text (or pay per use plan if available) since I'm currentry out of the U.S. but wanted to keep the same number with lower costs.

• I couldn't find way to change my rate plans on line.

Here are instructions on how to register online to manage your GoPhone          

Account: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB92523#fbid=t9mjtZs2WYs

• Also, couldn't reach 611 to change your features from out side of  the U.S.

Error message: Emergency calls only

I would appreciate some further assistance in sorting this matter out.  Thanks.

I have $60 monthly unlimited with data plan on my galaxy go phone.

I was thinking about to change $25 monthly with 250 min and unlimiited text (or pay per use plan if available) since I'm currentry out of the U.S. but wanted to keep the same number with lower costs.

• I couldn't find way to change my rate plans on line.

Here are instructions on how to register online to manage your GoPhone          

Account: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB92523#fbid=t9mjtZs2WYs

• Also, couldn't reach 611 to change your features from out side of  the U.S.

Error message: Emergency calls only

I would appreciate some further assistance in sorting this matter out.  Thanks.

Change my smartpohone rate plans

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2014 4:30:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I think that you used to be able to change your rate plan online by logging into your online account management, but that option is not available. Since you can't dial 611 from your phone to reach customer service, try dialing this number instead: 800-907-9878.

Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that this will work, but it's definitely worth a shot.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I think that you used to be able to change your rate plan online by logging into your online account management, but that option is not available. Since you can't dial 611 from your phone to reach customer service, try dialing this number instead: 800-907-9878.

Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that this will work, but it's definitely worth a shot.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Change my smartpohone rate plans

2 of 6 (467 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2014 11:20:26 PM
(0)
Tutor
.How long will you be out in the US? You have several options to keep the account open and active. While you are away and not in the US, a monthly plan will not be practical. Try the other pay per use plans such as the $2 plan or the 0.10 cents plan. With these plans, you will not be charged when u are not using the phone. Also if you will be away for more than 6 mos, you can make a 1 time payment of $100 to keep account active for 365 days. just make sure you are on the pay per use plans so when you come back to the US, Your $100 still intact compared to when are using the monthly plan which will charge you monthly against ur $100 whether u are using the service or not. Just switch back to the monthly plan of ur choice when u come back to US.
.How long will you be out in the US? You have several options to keep the account open and active. While you are away and not in the US, a monthly plan will not be practical. Try the other pay per use plans such as the $2 plan or the 0.10 cents plan. With these plans, you will not be charged when u are not using the phone. Also if you will be away for more than 6 mos, you can make a 1 time payment of $100 to keep account active for 365 days. just make sure you are on the pay per use plans so when you come back to the US, Your $100 still intact compared to when are using the monthly plan which will charge you monthly against ur $100 whether u are using the service or not. Just switch back to the monthly plan of ur choice when u come back to US.

3 of 6 (443 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2014 11:22:23 PM
(0)
Tutor
..also try this website to change rate plan and make a payment www.paygonline.com. You have to know ur GoPhone 4-digit passcode to access ur account.
..also try this website to change rate plan and make a payment www.paygonline.com. You have to know ur GoPhone 4-digit passcode to access ur account.

4 of 6 (442 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2014 3:24:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

teedons421 wrote:

Unfortunately, the website listed above will not allow a customer to change their rate plan. This is what I was talking about earlier. I think this was possible a few years ago, but not anymore. I even logged into my own online account last night and poked around a little, yet did not find any option to change my rate plan (not that I wanted to, I was just testing it). 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

teedons421 wrote:

Unfortunately, the website listed above will not allow a customer to change their rate plan. This is what I was talking about earlier. I think this was possible a few years ago, but not anymore. I even logged into my own online account last night and poked around a little, yet did not find any option to change my rate plan (not that I wanted to, I was just testing it). 

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (391 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2014 11:47:55 PM
(0)
Scholar
You cant change rate plan if your outside the country. Or even online. 611 is the only self service option for plan change. Heres the num +1 (916) 843-4685 for international support. And yes pay per use plans is ur best bet if outside US
You cant change rate plan if your outside the country. Or even online. 611 is the only self service option for plan change. Heres the num +1 (916) 843-4685 for international support. And yes pay per use plans is ur best bet if outside US

6 of 6 (373 Views)