Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 13, 2013
12:21:48 AM
View profile
Cellphone Number Ported To Another Carrier Without My Knowledge

To whom it may concern,

I have been a loyal AT&T customer for over 4 years. However, recently my prepaid cellphone number had been ported to another carrier without my knowledge. I only realized after several failed attempts at making calls and texts even though I had sufficient balance in my account. I had a $25 monthly plan and $5 data plan tied to the account and I just recently did a refill on December 4th, 2013. When I called the customer service yesterday, the agent promised that they would look into this issue and get me a refund as soon as possible. As of now, I have yet to receive even a single email with a reference number.

I hope that you are working to fix this issue to uphold your brand so that you don't lose loyal customer. I would not want to purchase another AT&T mobile number with the risk of losing my number and refill suddenly. Thank you. Please let me know if there is any email that I can get in touch directly regarding this matter.

To whom it may concern,

I have been a loyal AT&T customer for over 4 years. However, recently my prepaid cellphone number had been ported to another carrier without my knowledge. I only realized after several failed attempts at making calls and texts even though I had sufficient balance in my account. I had a $25 monthly plan and $5 data plan tied to the account and I just recently did a refill on December 4th, 2013. When I called the customer service yesterday, the agent promised that they would look into this issue and get me a refund as soon as possible. As of now, I have yet to receive even a single email with a reference number.

I hope that you are working to fix this issue to uphold your brand so that you don't lose loyal customer. I would not want to purchase another AT&T mobile number with the risk of losing my number and refill suddenly. Thank you. Please let me know if there is any email that I can get in touch directly regarding this matter.

Cellphone Number Ported To Another Carrier Without My Knowledge

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2013 6:32:30 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, shuwenteo!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that your number was somehow ported. We have several security measures in place to prevent that from happening, so we will absolutely look into this.

If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can investigate further. In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, shuwenteo!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that your number was somehow ported. We have several security measures in place to prevent that from happening, so we will absolutely look into this.

If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can investigate further. In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Cellphone Number Ported To Another Carrier Without My Knowledge

2 of 2 (368 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments