Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 10, 2013
3:46:54 PM
View profile
Cell towers near Craig, CO

Myself and 3 of my family members are on a family plan together. I live in Tucson, AZ which not too long ago got 4G LTE, and my other 3 family members live in a small town in Colorado called Craig. Unfortunately at&t does not have cell towers there, so they can get voice coverage ok, but because of being off network for data, they are considered roaming and only get 100 MB of data usage a month (we are on a 6 GB/month mobile share plan). Whenever they go over this, they can no longer use data. This happened so often that my brother, who had one of the lines, had his data completely shut off. Him and my sister in law had called in because of this and was told that they would be able to opt out of their phones because of this and not be charged an ETF. When they finally got around to trying this, they were told that my sister in law could as because her line was no longer had not received an upgrade, but my brother could not because myself and my mom (the other person on the plan) had received upgrades this year and would be charged an ETF. My brother has since got himself a prepaid phone which works for him up there, but the other two, my sister in law and my mom, are sticking it out and a friend of mine here in Tucson is taking over my brother's line. Would there be any way to find out if there are going to be at&t towers built in the area? I know there are towers in Steamboat Springs, which is about 40 miles from them.

Myself and 3 of my family members are on a family plan together. I live in Tucson, AZ which not too long ago got 4G LTE, and my other 3 family members live in a small town in Colorado called Craig. Unfortunately at&t does not have cell towers there, so they can get voice coverage ok, but because of being off network for data, they are considered roaming and only get 100 MB of data usage a month (we are on a 6 GB/month mobile share plan). Whenever they go over this, they can no longer use data. This happened so often that my brother, who had one of the lines, had his data completely shut off. Him and my sister in law had called in because of this and was told that they would be able to opt out of their phones because of this and not be charged an ETF. When they finally got around to trying this, they were told that my sister in law could as because her line was no longer had not received an upgrade, but my brother could not because myself and my mom (the other person on the plan) had received upgrades this year and would be charged an ETF. My brother has since got himself a prepaid phone which works for him up there, but the other two, my sister in law and my mom, are sticking it out and a friend of mine here in Tucson is taking over my brother's line. Would there be any way to find out if there are going to be at&t towers built in the area? I know there are towers in Steamboat Springs, which is about 40 miles from them.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Cell towers near Craig, CO

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2013 11:32:24 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, lilybug0411!

I'm very sorry that your family is experiencing poor network coverage in Craig, CO. I completely understand your frustration and want to thank you for your patience. AT&T's top priority is delivering the best network to as many customers as possible. We don't have any information about towers in Craig at this time, but feel free to check back periodically.

You can also download and install our free Mark the Spot app to let AT&T know where network improvements are needed.

Learn more about it here: Report dropped calls and wireless network issues.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns! Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, lilybug0411!

I'm very sorry that your family is experiencing poor network coverage in Craig, CO. I completely understand your frustration and want to thank you for your patience. AT&T's top priority is delivering the best network to as many customers as possible. We don't have any information about towers in Craig at this time, but feel free to check back periodically.

You can also download and install our free Mark the Spot app to let AT&T know where network improvements are needed.

Learn more about it here: Report dropped calls and wireless network issues.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns! Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Cell towers near Craig, CO

2 of 3 (689 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2013 1:27:43 PM
(0)
Employee

Thank you for the information. I'll pass this info onto my family members and have them download that app.

Thank you for the information. I'll pass this info onto my family members and have them download that app.

Re: Cell towers near Craig, CO

3 of 3 (667 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments