Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 4, 2014
11:12:10 AM
View profile
Cell phone charging system.

My wife just bought a Galaxy Note 3 and entered into a new contract for another 2 years.  Now, 19 days after purchase the charging cable stops working.  I troubleshoot, and it is definitely the cable.  I called the local service center and explained the issue, I was told that they could not help her because she had exceeded her 14 day trial period and she hadn't bought a service plan.  This is a $700.00 phone, and in less than 30 days the cable goes and at&t can not provide her as part of their customer service program a simple replacement cable. Something that as simple as an RMA could fix and satisfy a customer of 6 plus years.  I am hoping that someone can resolve this issue and keep me from going with another service provider because I enjoy being with at&t.  How important is my wife as a customer to at&t to you?

My wife just bought a Galaxy Note 3 and entered into a new contract for another 2 years.  Now, 19 days after purchase the charging cable stops working.  I troubleshoot, and it is definitely the cable.  I called the local service center and explained the issue, I was told that they could not help her because she had exceeded her 14 day trial period and she hadn't bought a service plan.  This is a $700.00 phone, and in less than 30 days the cable goes and at&t can not provide her as part of their customer service program a simple replacement cable. Something that as simple as an RMA could fix and satisfy a customer of 6 plus years.  I am hoping that someone can resolve this issue and keep me from going with another service provider because I enjoy being with at&t.  How important is my wife as a customer to at&t to you?

Cell phone charging system.

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 4, 2014 12:08:38 PM
(0)
Guru
Hello bebasman,
I suggest you stop by an AT&T Corporate Store and explain your situation to them there. I had a similar situation with a family member's GoPhone charger. They checked the charger and tried a charger they had available behind the desk. Once they determined that it was indeed the charger they gave me a new charger. Regardless, your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty for new phones, and 90 days for accessories. This should also include the charger.
Hello bebasman,
I suggest you stop by an AT&T Corporate Store and explain your situation to them there. I had a similar situation with a family member's GoPhone charger. They checked the charger and tried a charger they had available behind the desk. Once they determined that it was indeed the charger they gave me a new charger. Regardless, your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty for new phones, and 90 days for accessories. This should also include the charger.

Re: Cell phone charging system.

2 of 4 (710 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 6, 2014 5:58:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I agree with julywashere. I would suggest stopping by an AT&T corporate store or contact Samsung for a new charger covered under warranty.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

I agree with julywashere. I would suggest stopping by an AT&T corporate store or contact Samsung for a new charger covered under warranty.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (627 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 18, 2014 4:50:30 PM
(0)
Contributor
thank you very much for your replies, and I agree 100 percent with you. However, that is not how it works for me. I followed your suggestion and they did not give me the same results you had. In fact they told me that I needed to buy a new charging system. And it is disappointing because up to this point I was happy with AT&T. I guess it just sucks for me, it also ends my renewal with AT&T. I guess saving $39.99 was more important than saving a customer who gives free advertisement. Because that is how happy with them. I've been an AT&T customer & a loyal one for a number of years; entered and re - entered contracts with them, never asked for anything and this is what I get. Who ever is faithful in little is also faithful in much. AT&T got too big for its own britches. Thank you all for trying! God Bless!
thank you very much for your replies, and I agree 100 percent with you. However, that is not how it works for me. I followed your suggestion and they did not give me the same results you had. In fact they told me that I needed to buy a new charging system. And it is disappointing because up to this point I was happy with AT&T. I guess it just sucks for me, it also ends my renewal with AT&T. I guess saving $39.99 was more important than saving a customer who gives free advertisement. Because that is how happy with them. I've been an AT&T customer & a loyal one for a number of years; entered and re - entered contracts with them, never asked for anything and this is what I get. Who ever is faithful in little is also faithful in much. AT&T got too big for its own britches. Thank you all for trying! God Bless!

4 of 4 (408 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments