Cell Phone with anonymous call rejection

Contributor

Cell Phone with anonymous call rejection

Does anyone know of any cheap cell phones for ATT that have anonymous call rejection function on it. I need to block private / anonymous calls that my dad gets. Its my low life sister that calls our dad begging for money and my dad keeps falling for her bull. She dials *67 getting around "Smart Limits"  and my dad keeps answering the calls Smiley Sad

Thanks

Mike

Message 1 of 7 (10,585 Views)
Expert

Re: Cell Phone with anonymous call rejection

Mishap64 wrote:

Does anyone know of any cheap cell phones for ATT that have anonymous call rejection function on it. I need to block private / anonymous calls that my dad gets. Its my low life sister that calls our dad begging for money and my dad keeps falling for her bull. She dials *67 getting around "Smart Limits"  and my dad keeps answering the calls Smiley Sad

Thanks

Mike

this works on some phones -

you can add an entry to your phone book named 'private number' or 'unknown number', in the # section enter a single pause and nothing else. Assing it a silent or vibrate ringtone. Now when they call it will still ring but you wont know it. It will then roll to voice mail.

Message 2 of 7 (10,560 Views)
Contributor

Thanks Anyway.  I am looking for a phone to reject the call before it shows up on the phone,  so he cant see that they called

Message 3 of 7 (10,525 Views)

Sorry, but I don't think there is such an animal. Really, your only good option is to change your dad's number and make sure your sister doesn't get it. The only other thing that comes to mind is to port your father's number to Google Voice and get him a new phone number. Google Voice does offer a "Call Screening" feature that also allows has a checkbox for "Ask Unknown Callers to Say Their Name". 

Be advised that you can't port his number to Google Voice without terminating his contract, so if he's still under a two-year contract you'll be responsible for the ETF. Also, I think you have to have a smartphone to utilize Google Voice, which isn't necessarily a good deal as it requires a data plan (even on prepaid).

Message 4 of 7 (10,510 Views)
Contributor

I agree, other companies offer anonymous/blocked call rejection...what is the problem with AT&T not offering this? I even tried to enter 000-000-0000 in SmartLimits blocking but that doesnt work. They should get up to speed with these things. I have been getting anonymous and blocked calls left and right every single day and there is no way to reject these calls from even being sent to my phone. Its sad that I am seriously thinking about taking all my lines over to another carrier that offers this service and then cancelling my contract here and saying no no no, your not getting your ETF. Get up to speed with things AT&T. This is real aggrivating and embarresing when working.

Message 5 of 7 (10,108 Views)
Employee

My dads old razr does it. This doesn't really exist in newer phones by default. Maybe an app
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 7 (10,106 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

JFizDaWiz: what model number of Razr is your dad's phone? I might be able to find one on eBay.
Message 7 of 7 (4,905 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.