Ask a question

Posted Apr 16, 2013
    2:41:22 AM
    Cannot send text message with picture to specific contacts

I have an iPhone 4S on iOS 6.1.3 and can send text messages with pictures to most contacts.  There are a few contacts that I cannot send text messages with pictures to.  I can send a text, but not a picture (with or without text).  I receive a "not delivered" error. The only common denominator is that the contacts I cannot send pics to are on Android phones.  They can send and receive picture texts from others.

I have tried the following troubleshooting to no avail: reset network settings, tried sending with and without wireless turned on, sending the same picture to other contacts works fine

I used to be able to send text messages to these individuals from the same device. I believe this problem started before I upgraded the OS, but am not certain.

Any ideas?

Cannot send text message with picture to specific contacts

8 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (8)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 16, 2013 12:37:17 PM
    (0)
    Former Community Manager

You may need to reset your phone's settings. 

Go to Settings>General>Reset and select Reset all settings. 

You'll get a reminder that no data or media will be deleted and see a red button that says "Reset all settings". Tap that button. 

This will not delete your data but it will reset all the settings (network/ringtones/wifi and the like) on your phone. 

Let us know if that helps. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Cannot send text message with picture to specific contacts

2 of 9 (1,147 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 16, 2013 5:38:06 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

Followed the instructions to reset all settings and crossed my fingers. Unfortunately, same result. Even deleted all text message history with one of the contacts (my husband) and still no luck. Tested with and without wireless on again.  Same result. 

3 of 9 (1,128 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 21, 2013 5:31:27 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    You can probably only send pictures to iPhone users via iMessage only, correct?

Are you using your iPhone on a prepaid GoPhone account?

I have the same problem. iOS 6 is what screwed it up.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 9 (1,056 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 31, 2013 12:35:08 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

I am still having the same problem.  I followed all of the steps recommended.  I have some additional information....I was able to send pictures via text message to my son until he switched from an Apple device to an Android device.  Now I have the same problem with him wherein I receive a delivery failure when including a picture in the text message.  No problem with plain text.  Two of the contacts that I cannot send text pictures to are able to send them to me, but I get a link to read the mms at www.viewmymessage.com.  I didn't intentionally sign up for that service, but when I go there, I see an inbox with images and messages....why?  and how do I stop them?  how can I send text messages with pictures to Android users?  Please help.

5 of 9 (593 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Oct 31, 2013 2:02:16 PM
    (0)
    Expert

Lauriema wrote:

I am still having the same problem.  I followed all of the steps recommended.  I have some additional information....I was able to send pictures via text message to my son until he switched from an Apple device to an Android device.  Now I have the same problem with him wherein I receive a delivery failure when including a picture in the text message.  No problem with plain text.  Two of the contacts that I cannot send text pictures to are able to send them to me, but I get a link to read the mms at www.viewmymessage.com.  I didn't intentionally sign up for that service, but when I go there, I see an inbox with images and messages....why?  and how do I stop them?  how can I send text messages with pictures to Android users?  Please help.

check to make sure cellular data is turned on for both phones, MMS requires it

6 of 9 (582 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 3, 2013 9:43:01 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    In June I suddenly received an MMS message from a friend after almost a year without being able to sen/receive them. It came as a great surprise and the ability to send/receive MMS has since been reinstated. WB = a happy camper.

It kind of just happened out of the blue, so I'm not sure what advice to offer you. You could unlock your phone (if it isnt already) and temporarily put a T-Mobile SIM card in there because T-Mobile SIMs allow you to input MMS settings. There's a video on YouTube on how to do it. I was eventually going to get around to it, but fortunately, I don't need to anymore.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 9 (539 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 5, 2013 7:11:45 AM
    (0)
    Tutor

Yes, cellular data is on.

8 of 9 (492 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 5, 2013 7:50:08 AM
    (0)
    Community Manager

Basic issue is that there it either no data or no mms service provisioned on your phone right now. Wild Banchi asked you a very good question few months ago, is it a prepaid, Go Phone, service or a postpaid account with a data plan? This information will be extremely helpful.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
    *I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

9 of 9 (482 Views)