Cannot access Mobile Web on Samsung Propel A767

Cannot access Mobile Web on Samsung Propel A767

[ Edited ]

I never had a problem accessing and surfing the mobile web using my Samsung Propel A767 until 2 days ago. Every time when I try to access the mobile web, the following message appears:

The server timed out

You tried to access the address http: //portal.attnet.mcore.com/attnet/px/MasterDeck/i.aspx, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

Request timed out while loading http: //portal.attnet.mcore.com/attnet/px/MasterDeck/i.aspx

Your help in this matter will be greatly appreciated!

*Update 6/23* - I discovered that I can access the mobile web through the History section of my browser. I am glad that I did not empty out the history contents and I managed save them as bookmarks. It looks like there is something wrong with the home page of the browser rather than the connection. I checked the Browser profile MediaNet to see if I could change the home page address so I wouldn't have to encounter the error message, but it turns out that there is no Edit feature for this.

*Second Update 6/23* - Well, I decided to test the mobile web browser using the bookmarks that I recently saved and I encountered an error message similar to the one I posted above, basically stating that it is not available and to check to make sure the web address is correct before reloading. Smiley Frustrated 

[removed live link]

Message 1 of 9 (1,266 Views)
Expert

Re: Cannot access Mobile Web on Samsung Propel A767

[ Edited ]

Not sure but it seems like there others having a similar problem. 

https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-General-Device/device-home-mobile-web/m-p/3505361#M65680

Edit...My husband just checked his Pantech Ease...he hates the new ATT web. All of his bookmarks are gone, as well. 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 2 of 9 (1,155 Views)

Well, I called customer service yesterday to report the problem and to see if they could fix it. The representative spent several minutes troubleshooting with me, but the error message still appeared when trying to access the home page and the bookmark section. It looks like I am destined to use the History section as the only way to surf the mobile web. I am very disappointed on how AT&T implemented these new changes.

Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 9 (1,044 Views)

[ Edited ]

I decided to ditch the Samsung Propel. I purchased a new cell phone and I am now able to acess the home page and the bookmarks.

Message 4 of 9 (821 Views)
Expert

PeriWinkle wrote:

I decided to ditch the Samsung Propel. I purchased a new cell phone and I am now able to acess the home page and the bookmarks.

What phone did you buy?? 

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 5 of 9 (798 Views)

[ Edited ]

I purchased the Pantech Laser. It's my very first touchscreen messaging phone. Most of the features are great except for the Mobile Email application Smiley Tongue (I created another thread about this).

Message 6 of 9 (768 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

PeriWinkle wrote:

I purchased the Pantech Laser. It's my very first touchscreen messaging phone. Most of the features are great except for the Mobile Email application Smiley Tongue (I created another thread about this).

Yes, I saw your other post. Smiley Wink Good luck with your new phone. Smiley Happy

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 7 of 9 (756 Views)
Contributor

I am also having the same problem with my Samsung SGH-A777, accessing the same URL, also able to go to History and get to recently visited pages.  This started happening sometime in June 2013, not sure exactly what day.  Any resolution on this?

Message 8 of 9 (695 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

RyanLoveland wrote:

I am also having the same problem with my Samsung SGH-A777, accessing the same URL, also able to go to History and get to recently visited pages.  This started happening sometime in June 2013, not sure exactly what day.  Any resolution on this?

Back around June 12, ATT changed their mobile web..that seems to be when some customers started having problems with missing bookmarks. My husband is having the same problem. 

There are others experiencing some lost bookmark issues because of the new interface.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Data-Messaging-Features-Internet/WHERE-ARE-MY-BOOKMARKS/td-p/3503777

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 9 of 9 (662 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.