Canceling data plan

Contributor

Canceling data plan

Hello, 

I am sorry if this question been asked before... I couldn't find it so I am asking here.  I signed a 2 year contract to get a Samsung Galaxy S4 around end of August 2013.  Now, I decided to sell my Samsung S4 to my friend, and go back to a dumb phone... because I relaized I don't really need a smartphone in my life. I will keep my existing voice plan, but I would like to cancel the $35 monthly data plan.  

What can I do to do cancel the data plan?  Thank you.

Vince

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Canceling data plan

vincerich wrote:

Hello, 

I am sorry if this question been asked before... I couldn't find it so I am asking here.  I signed a 2 year contract to get a Samsung Galaxy S4 around end of August 2013.  Now, I decided to sell my Samsung S4 to my friend, and go back to a dumb phone... because I relaized I don't really need a smartphone in my life. I will keep my existing voice plan, but I would like to cancel the $35 monthly data plan.  

What can I do to do cancel the data plan?  Thank you.

Vince

Call customer service or go to an AT&T corporate store. Tell them you've switched to a dumb phone and no longer need data and want to remove the data plan. They will ask for the imei of your dumb phone and once they verify it is a dumb phone, they will remove the data plan.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

so there are no restrictions on WHEN i can cancel my data plan?

As long as I provide the IMEI #, I can cancel it anytime and doesn't require any other reasons?  Thanks

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

vincerich wrote:

so there are no restrictions on WHEN i can cancel my data plan?

As long as I provide the IMEI #, I can cancel it anytime and doesn't require any other reasons?  Thanks

As long as you are no longer using a smartphone, no restrictions and no other reasons required. You can cancel the data plan at any time.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support