Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 9, 2013
12:44:29 AM
View profile
Canceling data plan

Hello, 

I am sorry if this question been asked before... I couldn't find it so I am asking here.  I signed a 2 year contract to get a Samsung Galaxy S4 around end of August 2013.  Now, I decided to sell my Samsung S4 to my friend, and go back to a dumb phone... because I relaized I don't really need a smartphone in my life. I will keep my existing voice plan, but I would like to cancel the $35 monthly data plan.  

What can I do to do cancel the data plan?  Thank you.

Vince

Hello, 

I am sorry if this question been asked before... I couldn't find it so I am asking here.  I signed a 2 year contract to get a Samsung Galaxy S4 around end of August 2013.  Now, I decided to sell my Samsung S4 to my friend, and go back to a dumb phone... because I relaized I don't really need a smartphone in my life. I will keep my existing voice plan, but I would like to cancel the $35 monthly data plan.  

Vince

Canceling data plan

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 9:13:30 AM
(0)
Former Employee

vincerich wrote:

Hello, 

Vince

Call customer service or go to an AT&T corporate store. Tell them you've switched to a dumb phone and no longer need data and want to remove the data plan. They will ask for the imei of your dumb phone and once they verify it is a dumb phone, they will remove the data plan.

vincerich wrote:

Hello, 

Vince

Call customer service or go to an AT&T corporate store. Tell them you've switched to a dumb phone and no longer need data and want to remove the data plan. They will ask for the imei of your dumb phone and once they verify it is a dumb phone, they will remove the data plan.

Re: Canceling data plan

2 of 4 (280 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 10:09:41 AM
(0)
Contributor

so there are no restrictions on WHEN i can cancel my data plan?

As long as I provide the IMEI #, I can cancel it anytime and doesn't require any other reasons?  Thanks

As long as I provide the IMEI #, I can cancel it anytime and doesn't require any other reasons?  Thanks

3 of 4 (273 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 1:10:42 PM
(0)
Former Employee

vincerich wrote:

As long as you are no longer using a smartphone, no restrictions and no other reasons required. You can cancel the data plan at any time.

vincerich wrote:

As long as you are no longer using a smartphone, no restrictions and no other reasons required. You can cancel the data plan at any time.

4 of 4 (263 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments