Canceling data plan

Contributor

Canceling data plan

Hello, 

I am sorry if this question been asked before... I couldn't find it so I am asking here.  I signed a 2 year contract to get a Samsung Galaxy S4 around end of August 2013.  Now, I decided to sell my Samsung S4 to my friend, and go back to a dumb phone... because I relaized I don't really need a smartphone in my life. I will keep my existing voice plan, but I would like to cancel the $35 monthly data plan.  

What can I do to do cancel the data plan?  Thank you.

Vince

Message 1 of 4 (332 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: Canceling data plan

vincerich wrote:

Hello, 

I am sorry if this question been asked before... I couldn't find it so I am asking here.  I signed a 2 year contract to get a Samsung Galaxy S4 around end of August 2013.  Now, I decided to sell my Samsung S4 to my friend, and go back to a dumb phone... because I relaized I don't really need a smartphone in my life. I will keep my existing voice plan, but I would like to cancel the $35 monthly data plan.  

What can I do to do cancel the data plan?  Thank you.

Vince

Call customer service or go to an AT&T corporate store. Tell them you've switched to a dumb phone and no longer need data and want to remove the data plan. They will ask for the imei of your dumb phone and once they verify it is a dumb phone, they will remove the data plan.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (293 Views)
Contributor

so there are no restrictions on WHEN i can cancel my data plan?

As long as I provide the IMEI #, I can cancel it anytime and doesn't require any other reasons?  Thanks

Message 3 of 4 (286 Views)
ACE - Master

vincerich wrote:

so there are no restrictions on WHEN i can cancel my data plan?

As long as I provide the IMEI #, I can cancel it anytime and doesn't require any other reasons?  Thanks

As long as you are no longer using a smartphone, no restrictions and no other reasons required. You can cancel the data plan at any time.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (276 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.