Cancel data plan auto-renewal without having access to the ipad?

Contributor

Cancel data plan auto-renewal without having access to the ipad?

I'm currently being abroad and won't be back in the States for the next two months. I left my ipad behind but forgot to cancel the auto-renewal for the data plan.

I just found out I was billed for another month's data; is there any way to cancel the auto-renewal without having access to an ipad? I've looked but couldn't find any support to contact for iPads. All that the support system has listed under Wireless is Wireless Phones.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 9 (22,701 Views)
Guru

Re: Cancel data plan auto-renewal without having access to the ipad?

[ Edited ]

Assuming you have an ATT PREpaid plan ...

Login to:

http://www.att.com/ipadlanding

Use exactly the same email address and password you used on the iPad to establish data service.

You can do everything from the web site you could do directly on the device including cancelling auto renew.

When you cancel you have the option of also deleting your account. If you plan on reactivating within 60 days

just don't delete your account.

If you have Verizon I don't know what you need to do other than call them.

J

Message 2 of 9 (22,681 Views)
Contributor

Excellent response. Site works. Thanks.

Message 3 of 9 (22,440 Views)
Contributor

I tried. Nothing works. My data were not accepted. ICCID was coloured in red and message "SIM needs to contain 20 numbers" appeared. Why SIM? Do they mean ICCID? ICCID is 18 digits number in our iPad. Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 9 (16,779 Views)
Contributor

I canceled less than 60 days ago (11/11/12), being out of the country. The agent confirmed I could reactivate it within 60 days. On 12/21/12 I received an email that my account was cancelled. Today I tried to login and my account was not recognized. I called. The agent first thought I should be able to reactivate, but then told me that I need to get a new SIM card!!! I am a very unhappy, perhaps former, customer.

Message 5 of 9 (15,650 Views)
Master

Bajabarry wrote:

I canceled less than 60 days ago (11/11/12), being out of the country. The agent confirmed I could reactivate it within 60 days. On 12/21/12 I received an email that my account was cancelled. Today I tried to login and my account was not recognized. I called. The agent first thought I should be able to reactivate, but then told me that I need to get a new SIM card!!! I am a very unhappy, perhaps former, customer.

Getting a new SIM is no big deal.  ATT will GIVE you one.  They probably cancelled the SIM along with the account to stop the renewal.  Once a SIM is deactivated it cannot be reactivated.  At least they did not keep charging you while you were out of the country.  

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 6 of 9 (15,643 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

youngjm wrote:

Bajabarry wrote:

Getting a new SIM is no big deal.  ATT will GIVE you one.  They probably cancelled the SIM along with the account to stop the renewal.  Once a SIM is deactivated it cannot be reactivated.  At least they did not keep charging you while you were out of the country.  

The agent gave me bad information! What they did was deactivate the phone number and the account, not the SIM. I had to establish a new account on the iPad when back in the country (tried outside and it hung) and was assigned a new number. I now assume that the SIM would be deactivted if I let it go beyond the 60 days. 

Message 7 of 9 (15,411 Views)
Contributor

Thanx for the link. 

My IMEI is only 12 numbers, not 15. Can you please advise?

Message 8 of 9 (10,815 Views)
Professor

arlojill wrote:

Thanx for the link. 

My IMEI is only 12 numbers, not 15. Can you please advise?

Are you sure you're looking at the IMEI and not the serial number? The IMEI should be shown in the format 12 123456 123456 1

Message 9 of 9 (10,792 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.