Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 29, 2012
1:58:06 PM
View profile
Can you re-activate a Go Phone SIM?

I got a Go Phone SIM when I spent a month in the US this time last year (June/July 2011).  I'm returning for a couple of weeks and would like to use it again, but it seems that the card is deactivated and the cell number no longer registered.  Is it possible to reactivate it, or will I need to get a new SIM and start over?  When I tried registering the SIM card number (starting 89...) online, I got the message that the SIM number "did not exist".

Anyone got any experience of this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Nick

I got a Go Phone SIM when I spent a month in the US this time last year (June/July 2011).  I'm returning for a couple of weeks and would like to use it again, but it seems that the card is deactivated and the cell number no longer registered.  Is it possible to reactivate it, or will I need to get a new SIM and start over?  When I tried registering the SIM card number (starting 89...) online, I got the message that the SIM number "did not exist".

Nick

Can you re-activate a Go Phone SIM?

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2012 4:02:49 PM
(0)
Professor

njb2808 wrote:

Nick

Your SIM card was deactivated. You will need a new SIM card. Did you register your previous SIM card from outside the US?

njb2808 wrote:

Nick

Your SIM card was deactivated. You will need a new SIM card. Did you register your previous SIM card from outside the US?

Re: Can you re-activate a Go Phone SIM?

2 of 8 (10,466 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2012 3:26:19 AM
(0)
Contributor
No, I registered it in the US.

3 of 8 (10,446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 30, 2012 8:23:13 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Jun 30, 2012 at 8:28:13 AM

njb2808 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I was trying to find out if someone can do the registration outside the US. So far most people cannot register from outside the US, though there was one that said yes.

njb2808 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I was trying to find out if someone can do the registration outside the US. So far most people cannot register from outside the US, though there was one that said yes.

[ Edited ]
4 of 8 (10,430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2012 9:16:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Hi ilikewireless, You can register AT&T gophone SIM card from Canada using AT&T toll free 1-800 number.
Hi ilikewireless, You can register AT&T gophone SIM card from Canada using AT&T toll free 1-800 number.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 8 (10,322 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2012 10:43:14 PM
(0)
Professor

adidaskid808 wrote:

Thank you muchSmiley Happy

adidaskid808 wrote:

Thank you muchSmiley Happy

6 of 8 (10,316 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 5:27:50 AM
(0)
Contributor
What if you activated it outside of the US can you reactivate it? If so what is the cost?
What if you activated it outside of the US can you reactivate it? If so what is the cost?

7 of 8 (6,865 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 5:51:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

I do not understand what you mean for reactivate.
All AT&T gophone Sim card on Gophone plan can only active once.
If you do not put money in your account,or no money left,and your plan expire ,after 2 months,everything gone.
You will need a new Sim Card and New number.
Unless it is a data Sim card for IPad!!!

I do not understand what you mean for reactivate.
All AT&T gophone Sim card on Gophone plan can only active once.
If you do not put money in your account,or no money left,and your plan expire ,after 2 months,everything gone.
You will need a new Sim Card and New number.
Unless it is a data Sim card for IPad!!!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 8 (6,853 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments