Can you re-activate a Go Phone SIM?

Contributor

Can you re-activate a Go Phone SIM?

I got a Go Phone SIM when I spent a month in the US this time last year (June/July 2011).  I'm returning for a couple of weeks and would like to use it again, but it seems that the card is deactivated and the cell number no longer registered.  Is it possible to reactivate it, or will I need to get a new SIM and start over?  When I tried registering the SIM card number (starting 89...) online, I got the message that the SIM number "did not exist".

Anyone got any experience of this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Nick

Message 1 of 8 (10,588 Views)
Professor

Re: Can you re-activate a Go Phone SIM?

njb2808 wrote:

I got a Go Phone SIM when I spent a month in the US this time last year (June/July 2011).  I'm returning for a couple of weeks and would like to use it again, but it seems that the card is deactivated and the cell number no longer registered.  Is it possible to reactivate it, or will I need to get a new SIM and start over?  When I tried registering the SIM card number (starting 89...) online, I got the message that the SIM number "did not exist".

Anyone got any experience of this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Nick

Your SIM card was deactivated. You will need a new SIM card. Did you register your previous SIM card from outside the US?

Message 2 of 8 (10,577 Views)
Contributor

No, I registered it in the US.
Message 3 of 8 (10,557 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

njb2808 wrote:
No, I registered it in the US.

Thanks for the reply. I was trying to find out if someone can do the registration outside the US. So far most people cannot register from outside the US, though there was one that said yes.

Message 4 of 8 (10,541 Views)
ACE - Guru

Hi ilikewireless, You can register AT&T gophone SIM card from Canada using AT&T toll free 1-800 number.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 8 (10,433 Views)
Professor

adidaskid808 wrote:
Hi ilikewireless, You can register AT&T gophone SIM card from Canada using AT&T toll free 1-800 number.

Thank you muchSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 8 (10,427 Views)
Contributor

What if you activated it outside of the US can you reactivate it? If so what is the cost?
Message 7 of 8 (6,976 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Guru

I do not understand what you mean for reactivate.
All AT&T gophone Sim card on Gophone plan can only active once.
If you do not put money in your account,or no money left,and your plan expire ,after 2 months,everything gone.
You will need a new Sim Card and New number.
Unless it is a data Sim card for IPad!!!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 8 (6,964 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.