Can't tether with unlocked Lumia 920

Contributor

Can't tether with unlocked Lumia 920

I unlocked my Lumia 920 with the code from ATT. It works with different carriers now. When I try to tether, it tells me " To enable tethering at this device, go to att.com/mywireless". The sim card in the phone is not from ATT and I ported over my phone number to the other carrier. What gives?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Professor

Re: Can't tether with unlocked Lumia 920

Yep. That's exactly what happens. Tethering can only be enabled on AT&T, for AT&T branded Windows Phones.

No one is sure if this is by design or some issue in the settings when using a different carrier.

I found this thread with a fairly odd workaround that some folks report as working: http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/251258-internet-sharing-mms-now-working-t-920-w-usa-t-mo...

I also see several reports that tethering does work if you're not on LTE, even without the convoluted steps above.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Teacher

Re: Can't tether with unlocked Lumia 920

Just turn on Network sharing  under the  Settings.. I'll turn your phone into a WAP - if you have wifi on your device then you're good to go... If you're trying to tether it as a modem - you may be {edited for word filter evasion}.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support