Can't send or receive picture/group messages on my Pantech Ease (P2020)

Contributor

Can't send or receive picture/group messages on my Pantech Ease (P2020)

Since getting my new phone, I have had an annoying problem where I'm unable to read group messages sent to me by others. I also can't send or receive picture messages (they both show up the same on my phone). I don't know how to create a group message, so I'm not sure if I can send them (but I suspect the answer is no).

When I try to view a picture or group message, I get a metadata screen giving the subject, priority, date, sender, and size, and options to delete, retrieve, or reply. When I hit "Retrieve", the phone tries to download for a while, makes no progress, then gives me the error message "Downloading has been Failed [sic]". Sending a picture message gives a similar problem; it just says "Sending failed".

I haven't changed any of my messaging settings since getting the phone so I don't see why this keeps failing. My old flip phone could receive group messages and send/receive picture messages just fine. What could the problem be?

Message 1 of 4

Re: Can't send or receive picture/group messages on my Pantech Ease (P2020)

Hello dpitch,

Do you have a Data Plan active on your line?
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

julywashere wrote:
Hello dpitch,

Do you have a Data Plan active on your line?

The Pantech Ease is not a smart phone so a data plan is not required, however a working data connection is needed for picture messages to work. OP needs to ensure cellular data is enabled and no data block is in place.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

I had to create a new MMS profile with a different (preprogrammed) connection type and look up some proxy information online to enter. This allowed multimedia messages to work. I don't get why my phone couldn't have come with this setting as the default if it's the correct one.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support