Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us NOW for a live “Ask an Expert” event!

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Feb 25, 2014
12:31:32 PM
View profile
Can't send or receive picture/group messages on my Pantech Ease (P2020)

Since getting my new phone, I have had an annoying problem where I'm unable to read group messages sent to me by others. I also can't send or receive picture messages (they both show up the same on my phone). I don't know how to create a group message, so I'm not sure if I can send them (but I suspect the answer is no).

When I try to view a picture or group message, I get a metadata screen giving the subject, priority, date, sender, and size, and options to delete, retrieve, or reply. When I hit "Retrieve", the phone tries to download for a while, makes no progress, then gives me the error message "Downloading has been Failed [sic]". Sending a picture message gives a similar problem; it just says "Sending failed".

I haven't changed any of my messaging settings since getting the phone so I don't see why this keeps failing. My old flip phone could receive group messages and send/receive picture messages just fine. What could the problem be?

Since getting my new phone, I have had an annoying problem where I'm unable to read group messages sent to me by others. I also can't send or receive picture messages (they both show up the same on my phone). I don't know how to create a group message, so I'm not sure if I can send them (but I suspect the answer is no).

When I try to view a picture or group message, I get a metadata screen giving the subject, priority, date, sender, and size, and options to delete, retrieve, or reply. When I hit "Retrieve", the phone tries to download for a while, makes no progress, then gives me the error message "Downloading has been Failed [sic]". Sending a picture message gives a similar problem; it just says "Sending failed".

I haven't changed any of my messaging settings since getting the phone so I don't see why this keeps failing. My old flip phone could receive group messages and send/receive picture messages just fine. What could the problem be?

Can't send or receive picture/group messages on my Pantech Ease (P2020)

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 12:33:27 AM
(0)
Guru
Hello dpitch,

Do you have a Data Plan active on your line?
Hello dpitch,

Re: Can't send or receive picture/group messages on my Pantech Ease (P2020)

2 of 4 (2,908 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2014 9:20:25 AM
(0)
Former Employee

julywashere wrote:
Hello dpitch,

The Pantech Ease is not a smart phone so a data plan is not required, however a working data connection is needed for picture messages to work. OP needs to ensure cellular data is enabled and no data block is in place.

julywashere wrote:
Hello dpitch,

The Pantech Ease is not a smart phone so a data plan is not required, however a working data connection is needed for picture messages to work. OP needs to ensure cellular data is enabled and no data block is in place.

3 of 4 (2,897 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 5:54:08 AM
(0)
Contributor

I had to create a new MMS profile with a different (preprogrammed) connection type and look up some proxy information online to enter. This allowed multimedia messages to work. I don't get why my phone couldn't have come with this setting as the default if it's the correct one.

I had to create a new MMS profile with a different (preprogrammed) connection type and look up some proxy information online to enter. This allowed multimedia messages to work. I don't get why my phone couldn't have come with this setting as the default if it's the correct one.

4 of 4 (2,841 Views)