Can't add user to Microcell

Contributor

Can't add user to Microcell

I have a Microcell that is setup and working.  A friend of mine has AIO Wireless (ATT Subsidiary) and I'm unable to add his number. I get an error:

Subscriber is not active

I read online that other people have added users from Straight Talk, Go Phone, and AIO.  Not sure why it's not working in this particular case.

I was able to add someone who is a Consumer Cellular subscriber without any issues.

Message 1 of 4 (1,974 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Can't add user to Microcell

[ Edited ]

You should be able to add any current AT&T prepaid or postpaid account to the Approved User list. AIO is odd though. I didn't think that you could add AIO to the MicroCell because even though it's an AT&T subsidiary it's not considered AT&T Mobility.

Consumer Cellular is an MVNO that piggybacks on AT&T's network and may be considered part of AT&T Mobility.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (1,968 Views)
Contributor

My friend is planning to get a StraightTalk SIM and port his number there.  Once ported, I'll try to add him again.  Thanks for the reply.

Message 3 of 4 (1,923 Views)
ACE - Master

Let us know if it works.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (1,914 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.